TP2 "sync" question re: tempo faders
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default TP2 "sync" question re: tempo faders

I haven't been using TP2 very long but have noticed the few times I've played out that when I disengage "sync" on one of the decks, the tempo fader snaps back to the original. I've burned so many hours fiddling with the options but haven't found a solution. Is there any way to change this? I'd love to use the "sync" to just tempo-match some tracks that can't be beatgridded properly. It would also be great to be able to disengage a track to gradually speed up or slow down without the audience realizing. Having it "snap" back has caused some sudden tempo changes for me or I've had to move the tempo fader manually, which would be fine if not for the fact that the Kontrol S2 faders are so small it's difficult to get it perfect.

Tech Wizard

I cannot exactly remember how to do it, but there is a way to un-sync A from B, but I think there can only be one song playing at a time for it to not snap back to where it was. That probably didn't make sense, hopefully this will:

Track A is playing (near the end of the song)
    Bring Track B in (synced), properly transition to only Track B.
    Stop Track A (so only Track B is playing)
    Hit the sync button on Track B and the temp should stay at the synced tempo, but now you should be able to use the +/- buttons to adjust it.

I'm not sure if this is what you were asking about... best of luck. =]

It all depends which track is the "master", ie whichever track the other one is tempo matched to, in conventional tutorial terms, it would be the one that is already playing, or "track A".
    It will have the word "master" highlighted.
    Neither should snap back as long as they are synced to each other, even if you disengage while its already playing. The only reason it might not is if it is not in auto mode. In the top left corner of the screen under the Traktor Pro logo are the controls for the global panels at top of the screen. If you click on the graphic of a metronome you get the tempo controls, make sure both the words "master" and "auto" are highlighted and you should be good to go.
    Apologies if all of this is blindingly obvious and you have done it already, but this is where my reasoning leads me.
    With the ill behaviour...

set your tempo faders to relative mode.
    "Wow! I wanna be just like your friend! Thats honestly what i told my mom and dad when i was about 11 years old...i said when i grow up i wanna dj for rich people"

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Zaniac View Post
    ^ This

It's also very useful for keeping a relatively fine pitch slider setting without giving up the extended range.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Zaniac View Post
    This may be a stupid and/or repetitive question, but how do you do that?

I'm having a similar problem.

For example...

Deck A is master.

I fade in/transition Deck B, kill track A. I want to increase Deck B gradually by 2bpm. How? Turn of sync for B and increase? This jumps to original BPM.

I know there is an easy fix for this, I just do not know the correct workflow.
    Last edited by C.Lukas1; 05-03-2012 at 10:31 PM.

Thanks guys I tried all those.

I don't want to set the "master" in the metronome because it seems like it'll always be set to the same BPM in the "master" section which would be fine if not for the fact that I have to play a lot of different tunes sometimes.

Maybe I didn't explain myself properly. When I have deck A playing already, and I have a track on deck B that can't be beatgridded properly (maybe because it's a live drummer), but I still want to match the tempo, previously in TP1 I would have just engaged "sync" on deck B and disengaged it right after and pitch fader would have stayed at the right tempo. Now with TP2 it seems like once I "disengage" the sync in deck B (keeping in mind that I need to do this in order to manually beatmatch with the jog wheel), the pitch just seems to snap back to whatever it was manually set at before I "synced" it.

Hit sync, then hit play - so the song plays in sync, while playing disengage sync. (nb you didnt have to do this i tpro1)

Have metronome set to auto

Preferences > Transport > TempoSync (not BeatSync)
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

Quote Originally Posted by MaxOne View Post
    Hit sync, then hit play - so the song plays in sync, while playing disengage sync. (nb you didnt have to do this i tpro1)

Have metronome set to auto

Preferences > Transport > TempoSync (not BeatSync)
    Thanks that did it.

Quote Originally Posted by C.Lukas1 View Post
    This may be a stupid and/or repetitive question, but how do you do that?

I'm having a similar problem.

For example...

Deck A is master.

I fade in/transition Deck B, kill track A. I want to increase Deck B gradually by 2bpm. How? Turn of sync for B and increase? This jumps to original BPM.

I know there is an easy fix for this, I just do not know the correct workflow.

Set your clock to "auto" and not "master" that way whatever deck that's playing will become the master (it'll alternate once you mix in another tack and stop deck b) and you'll be able to change the tempo without "un-syncing"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast