Any Mixed In Key users out there?
    Tech Mentor

Default Any Mixed In Key users out there?

Hey lads,

Bought MIK5 today.

Got an issue with my own file management system setup (I dont know what folder to scan in MIK5 with my up to date collection) and importing the key results from MIK5 into Traktor Pro 2.

I dont use Itunes.

I exported my Traktor collection to a folder in the desktop, then I scanned that folder within MIK5 for the key, cleared the collection in Traktor and finally imported the scanned folder from the desktop back into Traktor Pro 2 selecting file for my tags.

Would be very greatful if one of you guys could steer me in the right direction or give me a tutorial step by step.

Ive scoured a few different forums for info with no hel pto my problem

I really want to start mixing harmonicly :/

Got some house partys lined up for the summer, so would be deadly

Thanks for reading

You need to set mixed in key to write the key info to the key tag of the mp3. Do this in the settings.

You do not need to copy your collection and then overwrite it. Run MIK on your tunes, go in traktor, right click on your library and run a consistency check. This should bring in al the key data. Now go into your playlist and bring up the key field in the browser.
    Ecler NUO 3.0, 2 1210mk2, midi fighter, Kontrol X1, Akai LPD8, Reloop RHP10's, TSP, Audio 8

Howitzer on Soundcloud | Howitzer on Twitter | Howitzer on Facebook | Howitzer dnb blog

Tech Mentor

The above method works for scanning the existing Traktor collection, but might get tough if you add new songs into Traktor and then want to scan only them. MIK keeps its own database and in case you readd the Traktor tunes folder, will only rescan new or changed files - which is great, except that every track you've played since the last scan will count as changed (playcounts etc. added by Traktor). What I do is to have an intermediate folder for MIK scanning, which I then move to Traktor's library folder for the final import. Tedious, but still faster than letting MIK reanalyse big parts of my library.

Tech Mentor

Hey guys thanks for the reply

@Flash101UK I have already done all of that but I think my problem is that Im not scanning the right folder :/

If you could tell me this I would say I would have it sorted, where (when I drag and drop a song into traktor) does it save that track ? If I scanned the folder it went into I say it would work, but Im not sure which folder its in?

@DJQA thanks for that piece of advice, will definitely practice using the intermediate folder, sounds efficient.

Thanks

Also do you know where traktor stores my music when its added to it ?