New website up and running let me know what you think.
    Tech Mentor

Default New website up and running let me know what you think.

We are not completely finished but it is getting close. www.discopimpschicago.com
    Setup: Acer AMD Phenom 2.2 ghz Quad Core Processor 8 Gigs Of DDR3 Ram, Traktor Pro 2, Native Instruments Kontrol S2, and Native Instruments Kontrol X1. Follow Me On Twitter Or Check Out My Website https://twitter.com/#!/D3RKIN
    www.discopimpschicago.com

Quote Originally Posted by djkevind View Post
    We are not completely finished but it is getting close. www.discopimpschicago.com
    Why Flash based?
    You've immediately lost the ability to have the site indexed correctly on Google and also lost all Casual browser's on iPad's iPhone's etc.

pretty cool man... I like the animation when you change sections. I didnt like that it plays music automagically when I opened it up!

Other than that its cool man!

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by djkevind View Post
    Flash? HTML5 is the only way to go here is my latest site www.tlbdesign.co.uk

problems with flash, google dont like it, windows 8's default web browser wont support it, adobe have dropped flash support for android, apple have never supported it, you cant bookmark pages the proper way, it is so so slow compared to html, it is big so slow loading times, wont scale properly for mobile devices that do support it.

looking at the source and the way the page is loading there is no caching, your using an iframe another thing google hates. I can see you are using wix stuff like this is only so powerfull

what you need to ask yourselfs is what impression does this give of our business and is this the impression we want. I can see there is quite a few of you involved. So financing a better site which includes stuff like a blog I think long term would be a better options im not saying go and spend thousands of pounds but 500 quid or dollars should get you a good looking site that will rank well and have features that will help you develop your business

looks good - a bit slow to render - and agree with deckard that using flash is a pretty odd choice. 5 years ago maybe...
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"

Disco Pimps, lawl...but yea, HTML 5 can do all the same things, Flash is going to be obsolete soon.
    http://soundcloud.com/kamcoolidge

VCI-400 EGE - Macbook Pro 13" - Traktor Pro 2 - Lots of Lights

1. Lose the music being on automatically.
    2. It looks like a wix template... or its just really lacking any design elements.
    3. Flash is garbage anymore, like others stated above hopefully it is obsolete soon enough.

Hire a designer or something to make it look like it was created after the year 2001.

It's nice but ı cant read the posters on the main page.While ı am reading the they just change to other one.Maybe you can consider this as well
    Macbook Pro-Mixmeister Fusion-Traktor Pro 2-Audio 2

Quote Originally Posted by LanceBlaise View Post
    1. Lose the music being on automatically.
    i didn't even notice that - had the sound turned off. never ever ever ever automatically start playing audio on a website... if the user wants to hear it they'll click on a 'play' button or something.
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"