A long time DJ's return - tips

Default A long time DJ's return - tips

I've done the whole DJing thing, going from vinyl decks in the lat 90s to using VCI-100 and Traktor. I gave it all up and flogged my stuff last year. I came very close to buying the Twitch and sticking with it, but didn't go through with it.

Anyway, my friends have asked me to create a hip hop mix for an event. Rather than do a 'live' mix (as I've sold all my gear), I'm intending on using something like MixMeister to create a fairly basic mix.

However, I've never used it to create a 'proper' mix, only run and demo ideas through. Anyone got any tips? Especially as I've never DJ'd hip hop either! So any tips on DJing hip hop would be good too!
    Ableton 9.7.5, Native Instruments Komplete Ultimate 11, MOTU 828 Mk2, Nektar Impact LX61+, Ableton Push, Native Instruments Kore 2, and a random selection of soft synths and sample libraries.
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit with Core i7 4960X Extreme Edition 12 core CPU, 64GB RAM, SanDisk Ultra Extreme SSDs and a GeForce GTX 970 G1 Gaming GPU.

Anyone?
    Ableton 9.7.5, Native Instruments Komplete Ultimate 11, MOTU 828 Mk2, Nektar Impact LX61+, Ableton Push, Native Instruments Kore 2, and a random selection of soft synths and sample libraries.
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit with Core i7 4960X Extreme Edition 12 core CPU, 64GB RAM, SanDisk Ultra Extreme SSDs and a GeForce GTX 970 G1 Gaming GPU.

sell it buy a mixtrack and do wha you know best

Been a while, why did you give up?
    It's not the gear. It's how you use it.
    limitations are the source of creativity.
    If you don't practice you don't want it.

http://soundcloud.com/zimfella

Just found myself spending less and less time DJing and seemed to be wasted just sat there not being used for days or weeks on end.

Without sounding a twat, I'm fairly creative and I write novels, paint art, sound design for moving images and do some photography and photo editing so no time for everything, and the DJing was the sacrificed limb.

there is always just one more gig though

wish I could help with the mixmiester solution, only thing I can think of is get an audio2dj with full tpro2 fo £79 and map the mixmeister for itas you aready know the software.
    It's not the gear. It's how you use it.
    limitations are the source of creativity.
    If you don't practice you don't want it.

http://soundcloud.com/zimfella

Looking for some hip hop tips too!

Looking for any killer tunes, quality mashups etc. Don't listen to much hip hop, but the request is for a mashup mix!