Digital controller for 350 euros MAX
    Tech Student

Default Digital controller for 350 euros MAX

Hey Guys,

I just sold my APC 40 and i wish to go back on traktor. As I usually mix techno i was thinking of buying the Vestax TR-1 as the lack of jog wheels does not matter that much for techno.

However i am kind of open minded and it comes that sometime i like to play some funky or other stuff (so will the lack of jog wheels be a big problem?), also i was reading a lot of good things about the TR-1 till today when i read some people saying that it was a big mess to use.

So to sum up, the big question is
    For the one who got it, are you fully satisfied, what are the "+" and "-"
    For the others, what controller are you using and what do you propose for maximum 350 euros

I am thinking about it day and night, so i hope you can help me guys.

I know there is for sure some other posts about it and i am sorry to do a new one, but i really wanna know what you tried and so what is good for 350 not more, knowing that vestax tr-1 is "only" 279 euros

Thanks, and cheers,

Novation Twitch

Tech Student

Quote Originally Posted by djAB3 View Post
    Novation Twitch
    Thanks, I have seen this one as well, are you using it? Was it easy to use when you tried it for the first time ?

Tech Mentor

If you want to play anything resembling funk, soul or disco (which is what I assume you mean by funky) you WILL need jogs and at least reasonably accurate pitch faders. Look into a second hand Vestax VCI-100 SE 1.4, or a VCI-300 for Itch.

S2. Well worth the extra few bucks.

Quality soundcard, Traktor Pro software, Solid controller, Quality DJTT mapping
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

Tech Wizard

id suggest looking at the reloop terminal mix 4, it suits me the best from whats out there and although its £469 which is more than your max i have seen only positive things, BUT vdj is probably going to be the best program for it for a while, i use that so it suits me but may not you. whatever your feelings on it it cant hurt to look !