Behringer CMD Series - Page 213
Page 213 of 218 FirstFirst ... 113163203209210211212213214215216217 ... LastLast
Results 2,121 to 2,130 of 2174
    Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by nem0nic View Post
    To answer your question, the CMD controllers can be configured by the software. And they can report back info like what channel they're on, what firmware they're running, and so on. Software can change many parameters, like LED feedback patterns, encoder output (relative or absolute), button toggle behavior, etc. The CMD controllers don't throttle data, because they were designed from the start to be centrist products with maximum compatibility. But that functionality is certainly supported, and could easily be implemented if there was a need. So could other functionality - like alternate MIDI mappings.
    Thanks, which software can configure the cmd controllers, or are you just talking about things like traktor which just map midi messages and manipulate their behaviour rather than actually configure anything on the device itself? Not trying to be picky here, I'm trying to understand what the device is capable of, I've read the manuals and midi maps and there wasn't any mention of being able to reconfigure how the behaviour of the controls could be changed on the device itself.

Tech Guru

If you want better quality components, you need to buy better quality gear. You're buying budget gear, getting native .02% pitch resolution (with .01% possible with an alternate TSI), and saying it's not good enough. Everyone has their opinion, and I'll just have to accept yours. It just strikes me as more than a little silly. But to each his own.

EDIT - ANY software can reprogram the CMD controllers using standard MIDI. You wouldn't normally access the "back end" functionality, as it was implemented to support software developers. That's why it isn't documented for normal users.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by nem0nic View Post
    If you want better quality components, you need to buy better quality gear. You're buying budget gear, getting native .02% pitch resolution (with .01% possible with an alternate TSI), and saying it's not good enough. Everyone has their opinion, and I'll just have to accept yours. It just strikes me as more than a little silly. But to each his own.

EDIT - ANY software can reprogram the CMD controllers using standard MIDI. You wouldn't normally access the "back end" functionality, as it was implemented to support software developers. That's why it isn't documented for normal users.
    Wait, at no point have I said that 0.01% with an alternate TSI isn't good enough, I clearly stated above that it makes both devices usable. I'm not trying to be pedantic, my initial issue was the fact that behringer claim 14bit support but really only provide 10bits and right shift it by 4 in firmware for the device I paid for, it shouldn't matter whether it's budget hardware or not, I started to look at the numbers purely because it wasn't performing as well as I expected. I accepted the fact that the fader was short and would be a factor in how fine the pitch would be before I bought it, along with the build quality.

As for buying better quality gear, that's debatable :-) We're on djtechtools, they build their own stuff and their opensource midifighter classic source code inspires others to do the same, you seem to think I'm sitting here crying into my controllers because they're not good enough, if the behringer cmd-pl1 had 1 more bit of resolution I would have already taken it apart and replaced the fader with something more appropriate, however it doesn't so I'm going to attempt to make one myself.

As for the back end functionality, is there an SDK anywhere that developers can take a look at or is it totally closed and behind NDA etc.?

Tech Guru

As for the back end functionality, is there an SDK anywhere that developers can take a look at or is it totally closed and behind NDA etc.?
    Neither. The person who developed them for Behringer is no longer with the company, and there doesn't seem to be any chance of continuing support from the company.

Tech Convert

Can someone say if CMD Studio 4a will fit in Novation Black Case 25? I just need a backpack-like case to carry my CMD around the town, and I can only buy it in the internet so... any help on that one?

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by bzcxp View Post
    Can someone say if CMD Studio 4a will fit in Novation Black Case 25? I just need a backpack-like case to carry my CMD around the town, and I can only buy it in the internet so... any help on that one?
    Check these out if you need a bag or case http://www.magma-bags.de/gear-guide/...udio-4A-e.html

Hi guys. I buyed today a controller Behringer CMD Studio 4A and have a "little" problem with it. I want to use it with Traktor offcourse, downloaded the mapping from Behringer homepage. I tryed the software and noticed always when i press the left jog, the track on right side starts to play. What seems to be wrong, because all other things and functions work properly. Didnt change anything in mapping.

The problem i get only in Traktor. I tried the controller with Virtual DJ and that doesnt happen there.

Thanks for your help!

Tech Mentor

at this price would it even be worth buying? http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00DW5N99Y/...I2N9HJMFSC5B9K

hell yeah.
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Default MM-1 LED ableton

All I want is for the button LEDs to respond when I use the MM-1 in ableton with out the script. I don't use the script that came with it, nor the one uploaded here on djtt because I don't have any use for them. I don't DJ with it. I just use it as a box of knobs, faders, and buttons for my live set up. So the scripts that are out there are irrelevant to me. When I use it in ableton everything works fine and I can assign all the knobs, faders, and buttons to what ever I like, but the button LEDs get no response when I press them. When I do use the script, the button LEDs work great. (turn blue and back to orange). How do I get this to work without using the scripts available? I've tried creating a midi track and just have the midi coming in from the mm-1 and straight back into it. Nothing.

If anyone out there can help me get my button LEDs to switch that would be very helpful to me. I love this controller but without the led feedback on the buttons I have to look at my computer to see witch state its at, so I pretty much just don't use the buttons for now.

If anyone has a quick way to fix this, let me know. If not, maybe someone could make a simple script for this purpose. Also, getting the LED metering to work would be a HUGE plus also.

Thanks