Behringer CMD Series - Page 51
Page 51 of 218 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561101151 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by nem0nic View Post
    That said, the DC-1 is shaping up to be the most interesting of the CMD modules.
    Stop teasing us.
    The xwax Thread! - The minimal open source DVS for Linux!
    Reddit's /r/DJs! - Another great DJ community!

Lets speculate ...

Not sure if Behringer and EnergyXT is still going, but maybe ...

Could it be that Nem0nic has some inside knowledge outside of Behringer? Like .. is Mixxx getting some remixesque decks?

Maybe Bitwig has some similar functionality? Though then the cliplaunching module would make more sense ...

Gah.

Has there been added functionality? Some extra knob or switch? It does have the browser on top... maybe that's where...?

What was that part about NOT keeping us in the dark?!

()

Pad banks. Those 8 buttons at the top change the note value that the pads send out. ?

Tech Guru

It does have the browser on top... maybe that's where...?
    That's exactly how we demoed the DC-1 at NAMM and PLS - with the "big knob" and surrounding buttons at the top of the DC-1 acting as library navigation and deck loading. And remember under that you've still got 8 endless encoders and 8 buttons.

Pad banks. Those 8 buttons at the top change the note value that the pads send out. ?
    That would be pretty easy to set up via modifiers.

Not everyone is using Traktor.

Quote Originally Posted by nem0nic View Post
    This is only going to happen if Native opens up the functionality to other controllers. And being a product guy, I totally understand their point of view. I have an F1 and I can see why they've locked the remix deck functionality to their controller. OF COURSE I would be happy if NI opened the remix decks up to other controllers, but NO ONE at Behringer can make this happen. So if the reason you want a DC-1 is so you can use it with the remix decks, I'm telling you right now that's a mistake.

That said, the DC-1 is shaping up to be the most interesting of the CMD modules.
    I dunno...Ean managed to get it happening with the Midi-Fighter...so I can still hope. I have some faith in the hard-working techs at Behringer.

It's not going to happen, these are just midi controllers. They are not going to be imitating the F1's HID unless you're up for writing some middle-ware to do it!

Tech Guru

I dunno...Ean managed to get it happening with the Midi-Fighter...so I can still hope. I have some faith in the hard-working techs at Behringer.
    No, he didn't. Let's be clear. Ean didn't do anything except host a forum. Some users (like Fatlimey) reverse engineered the functionality, without help (or permission) from NI. They implemented part of the functionality of the Remix decks into the MF3D. And the solution is prone to freezes that require the user to disconnect and reconnect the MF3D.

That's fine for a niche product with no volume from a company with no real skin in the game. But I'm not personally interested thumbing my nose at NI, or putting together half baked support for functionality that a team of people I know personally worked for a couple years to make happen. I can promise you that isn't going to happen while I'm at Behringer.

COULD WE? Sure, it would be easy for us to reverse engineer that functionality and emulate the F1. It would also be easy for us to develop an audio interface and/or some middleware that gave us full DVS functionality in SSL. But that kind of behavior quickly turns into problems for everyone involved, and everybody suffers in the end. That's bad business.

I vaguely remember reading on the official product page some time ago ( a few months back already ), that those controllers, or one of them (can't remember the details) were going to be bundled with the One dj software.

So i'd bank on that being the surprise, launching the one with a partnership with Behringer, it'd do a nice announcement !

Happy times any way, mad props to you nemonic for the work you have done on those controllers and the continued communication on this board !
    macbook pro, technics trntbl, numark pro sm-1, vestax pmc 08 pro, traktor scratch pro 2, akai mpd 24, novation nocturn, vci-100 fw1.4, krk rp5g2 and FBV express mk2

Tech Guru

I vaguely remember reading on the official product page some time ago ( a few months back already ), that those controllers, or one of them (can't remember the details) were going to be bundled with the One dj software.
    I LOVE the idea of "The One" software, and we did speak to those guys last year. But I can tell you that right now we have nothing going on with them. Would be very into it when they're ready to start talking about hardware integration, but The One isn't going to be our bundled software.

And thanks!