Are the KRK RP8's any good for mixing?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Default Are the KRK RP8's any good for mixing?

Hey, I'm looking for some good speakers to mix on.
    At the moment I have two PA speakers which sound too flat and are a little overkill. (It's for mixing at home)

So I decided to buy new speakers, and I've heard good things about the krk's.
    At the moment I can't afford a sub woofer to go with them so that will have to wait.

But what is the sound like? All I see are reviews based on producing but are they any good for mixing? It doesn't have to sound 100% accurate as I won't use them for producing. I just want my music to sound exiting and "full" if you get my drift he he...

They are great for DJing, and really awesome for DJing at home when you add the sub. They are not so awesome for production so you'll be set, I don't think you will find a better home DJ speaker setup than RP8s with the 10s sub, but they are ok without the sub too.

If you want it to not be boring though you will really want to add the subwoofer, to me they are kind of boring for DJing without it and are kind of boomy in the low end without real sub bass and they create a kind of 'fake' low end in the low mids, but add a subwoofer and it is perfect.
    Last edited by Xonetacular; 05-05-2012 at 01:28 PM.

I have KRK rokits 6. I use them for mixing only and I love it.
    IMO RP8 have too much bass.

Tech Mentor

Yeah I will have to do without the sub for a little while but that's all I need to know. Rp8's it is

Yamaha HS50M are good options if you are looking to do a bit of production as well! Really good in the mids! Plus are in roughly the same price bracket as well
    | NI Traktor Scratch Pro 2.1.3 | Steinberg Cubase 7.0 | Yamaha HS80m Monitors | Oxygen 25 |
    | Allen & Heath Xone:62 | Pioneer CDJ 200 | NI Kontrol X1 | Novation Launchpad |

Facebook | Twitter | Mixcloud | Soundcloud

Yeah, HS50s and the yamaha sub are a better choice if you think you will ever want to produce, and for DJing you could just turn the sub up so they sound more exciting and not so flat.

Tech Wizard

so i dont have to create a new thread i thought id post in here, i also have been looking at rokit's for djing, i have a brother who absolutely hates any noise and is in his room all the time which is next to mine, i basically just want/need accurate reproduction at a low-medium level, is 1 rokit enough for this? do i need 2? are rokits overkill for my use? 5's or 8's? or maybe different lower cost speakers as i have a very very loud surround sound home cinema system downstairs with a big fat sub for when i need to practise in a loud environment so i really have very basic needs for these speakers

i have 6's and i use them for mixing and production and they are great! no experience with the 8s tho
    CDJ 2000s + DJM 2000

Check out my Mixes : Soundcloud

I'd rather suggest some dedicated monitoring peakers than the KRK Rokits which are aimed at DJing.
    Just have a look at Mackies (I will probably go with the HR824 MK2 after christmas), Yamaha NS50 or something similar. For EDM the HR824 are probably the best speakers available in that price range as they are brilliant, accurate and have far the best bass. No subwoofer needed.

I also looked at Mackies but found a holiday deal on a pair of RP8's in Limited Edition Ferrari Grey

I love them. I can't believe how I'd been listening music on my Logitech 2.1's before. Night and day difference.
    CDJ400s, Ecler Nuo, XD 53
    KRK RP8sFG

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast