Meanwhile, In Sweden...Rihanna is considered as house music.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Default Meanwhile, In Sweden...Rihanna is considered as house music.

I'm currently just venting myself here, but the EDM scene here in sweden is horribly bland that I just want to pack my bags and head for calif where I'll be studying this fall asap.

For one: electro / dubstep is deemed to hardcore, and once you play a Pryda song, you will be bashed for playing a song nobody recognizes (and it's from the guy who made Pjanoo... derp!).

Second: The only songs you are allowed to play basically are Levels (MAYBE Rapture), Preassure and songs fron LMFAO and Rihanna.

Third: When talking to guests, I discovered that the majority are tired of hearing the same tracks in every single club in stockholm and actually wouldn't mind to hear some rougher tracks (most likely Tommy Trash songs but anyways...), does it mean that the club owners are having a "false picture" on how club music should be, that I haven't asked enough people and that they actually want...*sigh*...Rihanna songs. OR, can any swede or anybody who currently lives in sweden relate to this?
    VCI-400 EGE / Sennheiser HD-25-1 II / MF3D / iPad 2 running Lemur / Audio 6 DJ

Tech Mentor

there is places and people like this everywhere. try looking for less commercial clubs. also where in cali will you be studying?

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Invoke View Post
    there is places and people like this everywhere. try looking for less commercial clubs. also where in cali will you be studying?
    Santa Barbara
    VCI-400 EGE / Sennheiser HD-25-1 II / MF3D / iPad 2 running Lemur / Audio 6 DJ

Quote Originally Posted by Lilja View Post
    Santa Barbara
    Congrats, IV is home to some of the stupidest, and also some of the best, DJs in the college world. Get familiar with that town, and you'll have a good few years.

So Stockholm's just like everywhere else then? Surely it has an underground like everywhere else too.
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

Quote Originally Posted by lethal_pizzle View Post
    So Stockholm's just like everywhere else then? Surely it has an underground like everywhere else too.
    Yeah, I would hope. How long you been "out and about" and networking?
    BTW, I loved CA. lived there for a few years (central coast) and still have family in the bay area. You're sure to find more outlets to do your thing but like anywhere else ive been theres always a certain group who don't share your appreciation of music.
    Good luck hope you find CA welcoming and a great experience

Does Sweden still have those weird drinking laws that mean you can drink really weak lager at 16, but you have to be 21 to get a proper drink? I'd blame that
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

I went to sweden recently, its goddamn stupid expensive for drinks in stockholm. Like £25 for 2 drinks and 2 shorts.

From my small amount of time there it seems rock culture is more prevelant than anything else. Theres some nice dirty little dives around there. I didnt see much of anything else music wise aside from the commercial crap. What I did notice though was that the little dives were MUCH cheaper than the glitzy crappy clubs.

I do think that the price holds many people back from clubs. I spoke to a few people who said this was the first time they'd been out in 6 months due to the cost!

If this is true for a large percentage of stockholm then I wouldnt be surprised if the club managers wanted to only put out cheese, because it doesnt put your average consumer off.

If there are no underground nights, start one. It'd probably be a good thing for stockholm to inject a bit of diversity into the musical spectrum.
    Ecler NUO 3.0, 2 1210mk2, midi fighter, Kontrol X1, Akai LPD8, Reloop RHP10's, TSP, Audio 8

Howitzer on Soundcloud | Howitzer on Twitter | Howitzer on Facebook | Howitzer dnb blog

Quote Originally Posted by Flash101uk View Post
    If there are no underground nights, start one. It'd probably be a good thing for stockholm to inject a bit of diversity into the musical spectrum.
    this!
    I'm just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her.

I.. Are you sure you're in Stockholm? Because this doesn't sound familiar to the scene I know at all. We've got a pretty big "underground" scene.

If you want bass music (Dubstep/DnB etc), hit up All Out Dubstep, you've also got Vidrig and Subsonic (both do DnB/Dubstep/Filth). Also Traffic DnB

There's also a fairly big psytrance scene, check out Private Crew/Technostate.

There's also the Monday Bar Cruises that tend to play a variety of styles (everything from hard trance to psy to hardstyle)

Then there's a pretty large variety of smaller events that tend to throw "everything goes" parties, these guys play everything from Hardstyle to UKHC & Darkpsy, and their parties are usually pretty cool.

I think you're just looking at the wrong places.
    i´ll quote you in 5 years and we both will have a good laugh while we are at this awsome dj battle on mars trying to finally beat the damned 1000 armed alien squid "dj squid master". his routines are sick!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast