Need help identifying this Effect.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Need help identifying this Effect.

Check out this set by Martin Solveig. (it's a pretty good set so you might aswell listen to all of it)

http://www4.zippyshare.com/v/66359024/file.html

at 12:00 He engages the most beast effect i have heard. It's like a filter sweep, with an LFO Idk, it's sick. Any idea where he gets it from, or how?

Any ideas how to re-create it on traktor?

PS: Martin Solveig is one of the best Dj's Live you'll ever hear. /End Discussion.

Anyone?

it's a pulsed LFO with some kind of beat hold (beatmasher/slicer) and then adding a delay into a pitch sweep. Probably using a PIO DJM2000 colour effects.
    XPS L701x i7 16GbRAM 2x 500Gb SSD RAID HD (Windows 7 Ultimate x64) 1 x 1Tb 7200 int.
    TSP 2.6.1 ¦ Audio 8 ¦ Audio 4 ¦ 4 x Denon SC-2000 ¦ 2 x DX2 ¦ EMU shortboard ¦ MIDI_FIGHTER_PRO_PLUS
    SL1210Mk5 x 2 ¦ Numark TTX x2 ¦ DJM-T1 ¦ DDM4000 MIDI Mixer ¦ Numark 4TRAK ¦ neoD+ cables
    8000+ 45's & 2500+ 12's ¦ 2 x Traktor Kontrol S4 ¦ X1 & F1

Quote Originally Posted by JSM View Post
    it's a pulsed LFO with some kind of beat hold (beatmasher/slicer) and then adding a delay into a pitch sweep. Probably using a PIO DJM2000 colour effects.
    do you have any idea how to re-create it using traktor?

Quote Originally Posted by JulianVeloso View Post
    do you have any idea how to re-create it using traktor?
    to me it sounds more like a produced fx. if you wanna do it in traktor you'll need a bass sample and experiment with the FX JSM mentioned.. if you got the settings, you'll probably need a superknob or a 3rd arm.
    Setup: TP 3, Kontrol S5, MF Twister, MF3D, MF Classic, DIY-Midifighter, Aiaiai Tma-1
    soundcloud
    facebook
    formerly know as weltraumpapst

haha!, Ok, so the effects must be Filter LFO, beatmasher, delay+transpose?

if you map all to one knob i don't think it will work (the time to get to the end effect is too long) .... but using two "combo's" i think something close could be mapped. Listening again, i think it's part song and part effect and the effect is coming from the Pio's new effects which can be set to only affect certain frequencies ..... so some kind of frequency filtering will need to be added. I am supposed to be finalising a project build today but i might have a play around with effects later to see what can be done.
    XPS L701x i7 16GbRAM 2x 500Gb SSD RAID HD (Windows 7 Ultimate x64) 1 x 1Tb 7200 int.
    TSP 2.6.1 ¦ Audio 8 ¦ Audio 4 ¦ 4 x Denon SC-2000 ¦ 2 x DX2 ¦ EMU shortboard ¦ MIDI_FIGHTER_PRO_PLUS
    SL1210Mk5 x 2 ¦ Numark TTX x2 ¦ DJM-T1 ¦ DDM4000 MIDI Mixer ¦ Numark 4TRAK ¦ neoD+ cables
    8000+ 45's & 2500+ 12's ¦ 2 x Traktor Kontrol S4 ¦ X1 & F1

Please do! Would love to have this effect.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by JSM View Post
    the effect is coming from the Pio's new effects which can be set to only affect certain frequencies ..... so some kind of frequency filtering will need to be added.
    FX with frequency filtering is something that I was trying to do for ages in traktor... Since the Ean's Oxygen map and the duplicate decks button. I once tryed to do it with duplicate decks + alternate EQ kills but it was not working as it should...
    Sometimes the volume was weird, or the song quality was droping too much...
    Need to experience it again now that I have more controllers and the traktor evolved to v2.x

So in traktor, there's no way to do this? What about ableton?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast