I need help choosing a mixer - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Shishdisma View Post
    Depending on what your price range is, a DJM-2k is much better suited to Ableton use than the 900 is, but the 900 works great if you need to save $300. The 2k is just an all round better mixer, and has a dedicated MIDI control section that's designed around Ableton.
    The DJM-2000 is nice, but it's too pricey for me.
    15" Macbook Pro (2.0 GHz Core i7, 16 GB) Mac OS X 10.7 Ableton Suite 9. iPad (Liine Lemur).

do you already have an efx-1000? I mean you could always sell that to get a 2000. The 2000 fx unit is like having that built in.

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

The DJM-2000 is nice, but it's too pricey for me.
    Both the 4D and DB4 are roughly the same price as a DJM2k though

Its a $100-$300 price bump over the DB2/900, and is exponentially more flexible and workable. The soundcard is rather crap for inputs, but it does quite nicely for outputs. It really is worth saving for a few weeks to scrounge up the $2000.

Quote Originally Posted by guiltyblade View Post
    I have to 900 and love it. Very fun to use. Personally at the price the 850 is coming in right now its just stupid as hell to get one. Its just not worth it when you can get a 900 for the same price street wise new, actually you can get a 900 way cheaper easily.

I would look into the xone, but I can't remember, I recall people saying there is no send/return, so hooking up an efx 1000 would be a little more annoying.
    There's a nice working send/return on the 42.. i am also thinking of buying the xone42 and add the rmx-1000. Or get the 900.
    hmmm..
    although the send/return on the xone32 sucks.

DB2 and DB4 don't have send return

I'd say DJM900 or DJM2000. The 2000 as I understand it is geared toward ableton...

I'd sell the the efx 1000 and use the extra money to get the DJM2000
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

Tech Wizard

I really don't need the DJM-200 because I already use and iPad running Lemur. Although, the effects section looks nice.
    15" Macbook Pro (2.0 GHz Core i7, 16 GB) Mac OS X 10.7 Ableton Suite 9. iPad (Liine Lemur).

A screen built into your mixer and an iPad have very different life expectancies on stage. You'll probably find the screen a lot more comfortable, but it really depends on your setup.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Shishdisma View Post
    A screen built into your mixer and an iPad have very different life expectancies on stage. You'll probably find the screen a lot more comfortable, but it really depends on your setup.
    My setup is just a 15" MacBook Pro running Ableton Suite 8, which is being controlled by the Lemur on my iPod. Then hopefully, with the new mixer the audio is routed out of Ableton to the mixer.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12