Is it possible to connect two controllers to Traktor Pro?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Is it possible to connect two controllers to Traktor Pro?

Hi, I'm wondering if it's possible to connect two different controllers to Traktor Pro.
    I've got a bcd-3000 and I'm looking to buy a vci-100. Would they both work?

Yep we do that at the moment. Use the herc for the mixing and my old i-mix is set up as an fx unit. takes a bit of time setting up the midi etc but it is possible. second unit has to be on a different midi channel.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Tech Mentor

So as long as they are on 2 different channels its doable? Is there anything in traktor that needs to be selected? Or can you select as many controllers as youd like as long as channels are different?
    Silly DJ loops are for kids!

yes its very possible to hook the units just make sure you can change the midi ch on the 1st or 2nd cntr
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

You can select as many units as you can connect to your computer. The messages can even overlap, it'll just make you suck
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Quote Originally Posted by DJ_Animus View Post
    So as long as they are on 2 different channels its doable? Is there anything in traktor that needs to be selected? Or can you select as many controllers as youd like as long as channels are different?
    The controller or controllers that you want to use need to be selected in Traktor, and yes, in theory if you had 16 controllers assigned to different channels and each one was MIDI mapped in Traktor, you could use all of them.

If I'm not mistaken, as long as you don't have MIDI assignments that conflict on the same channel, you could use 2 controllers on the same channel, but seeing as though some controllers don't have internally programmable MIDI output/input, it would be hard to find 2 that wouldn't conflict.

13" MacBook Pro 2.7 i7 w/dual Raid0 OWC SSDs - S4 - Ableton Live 8- Lemur- iPad 2

Awesome, that's what I wanted to hear.

I think i had 5 or 6 connected to Tpro at one stage so its definantly possible.

Quote Originally Posted by BentoSan View Post
    I think i had 5 or 6 connected to Tpro at one stage so its definantly possible.
    and where are the pix! We demand the photos! The DJ TT Comm needs them...:eek:
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

Go look in the show your setup thread just uploaded a new pic.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast