What is your opinion on online mix competitions? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Sunshine View Post
    I don't know whether there is a panel of judges. At the moment, the guy in the lead's mix is TERRIBLE (crossfading between songs, no transitions, loss of energy, etc.) but he's an ex college football player, and is using that to his advantage. Idk, it doesn't really matter to me, I would just hope that it wasn't a pestering contest as KS2 described, and that some amount of talent will play into it. Gotta cheer my buddies on
    That perfectly sums up the current rise in 'I wanna be a DJ coz it's cool' and adds fuel to the 'Digital DJing is for kids' argument (not something I subscribe to I must add). There's always been individuals wanting to DJ for showing off purposes however it took a lot of financial investment to get the kit and music and would generally separate those who were in it for the music and long term and those for whom it was a passing fad. It's relatively cheap now to get an entry level controller, some pirated software and download music without paying and Robert's your Mother's brother, you're the next Guetta ( ).
    20+ years man & boy, working the platters that matter. D3EP DJ.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonBay View Post
    I don't think there's anything wrong with them as long as there's an actual Judge or panel evaluating them. If it's just based on likes that doesn't show that you have any skill or know what you're doing. They're just looking for the guy who has the most likes hoping that translates to more pre-sales instead of actually finding some one who has talent.
    Totally agree - it's just a cheap way of promotion for whoever is putting on the show.
    I haven't even got facebook, so I would come last... woot
    SC | MC

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12