TOM COSM - minimal, electro, trance -Da Free Music Movement!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default TOM COSM - minimal, electro, trance -Da Free Music Movement!

:eek:

http://www.cosm.co.nz/index.php?opti...-FUNKINGRU5ION

Let me tell you about someone who is doing something interesting in the music industry.
    Tom Cosm is a guy who performs an interesting blend of minimal, electro, trance and
    whatever else he decides to chuck in there, using a laptop and various controllers.
    He promotes his musical project using word of mouth, keeping all of his music free for
    download to anyone at any time.
    Tom has used this method to become a well known musician and has traveled to perform
    and teach at some of the worlds most renowned electronic dance music festivals, including
    Boom Festival (Portugal), Rainbow Serpent Festival (Australia) and Ultra Groove (Brazil).
    The other interesting niche about this guy, is he makes all of his techniques available to
    anyone... no production secrets or exclusivity. His interactive website is full of tutorial
    videos and ready to jam Ableton Live packs, so people can see not just how he wrote the
    music, but how he gives a true live performance (he's not one of these hit-play-and-dancearound-
    like-i'm-doing-something live acts).
    One problem Tom does have, is writing profiles in third person. It always ends up sounding
    wanky, so I am going to stop right there and talk directly to you if that's ok, it's a lot nicer
    for me and I hope for you as well.
    You're reading this because someone made a decision that my project is worth spreading.
    Your task is to decide if this persons opinion is enough for you to take it to the next level
    and have a skim through my work your self.
    If anything in this write up has triggered your curiosity, I invite you come on over using the
    link below, I've set up a single page for you with immediate resources so you can quickly
    browse over the things I do and make your own decision.
    Word of mouth - it's the way I work. I don't have a label, I don't have any fancy releases
    and I am not going to be taking any scene by storm- but I will make sure everyone who
    ever respects my project will get it right back in return.
    Thanks for reading this far in an age of information overload.
    -Tom

http://www.cosm.co.nz/index.php?opti...-FUNKINGRU5ION

http://www.cosm.co.nz/quickrundown
    Last edited by Funkingru5ion; 05-18-2009 at 09:37 PM.

Lots of respect for Tom

Part of the community here.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

My friend psybliminal is mates with him. Amazing live skillz
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Cool! Loving his work!
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

chur boi bring that new zealand love!!
    Quote Originally Posted by dripstep View Post
    Kaon, none of that has to do with drum and bass.

mucho respecto
    fart.

Gotta say Tom, fair play to ya for everything you've done! You got some great tutorials on the site and letting everything out for free is the work of a true gent.

Tech Guru

looking at the site now, will definitely be watching a lot more on there in the future, thanks man.
    FIX8:OSCill8
    My Rig: Macbook 13" (2.16ghz 4gb crucial ram), VCI-100 custom paint, Korg Nanopad, Axiom 25, DJIO

We were gonna get him to play at our harvest moon party unfortunately it flopped so didn't get to meet tha dude.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast