Mixing technique, what is this?
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default Mixing technique, what is this?

Check out this set, it's laidback luke at inox.

http://soundcloud.com/edmtunestv/lai...use-05-05-2012

at 1:18:00 or something he sets a loop and brings it down to 1/32? then he starts playing around with it and recreating other songs with that loop and moving the key around. any idea how to do this in traktor?

Haven't listened, but going to take a stab. He set a very small loop, and then turned the pitch WAY up, so now you more or less have an OSC much like a synth. And to play it he's just moving the pitch fader up and down.

At least, that's one technique based on what you're saying.

Well that's something interesting but it's not that. He brings the loop down to 1/32 and appears to be pressing Cue and recreating songs like One and Seven nation army by pressing the Cue and moving the key up and down, but the problem on traktor is that if you set a loop and press cue, the loop is gone.

Then he just has the pitch turned all the way up, like +100 %, and then is controlling the pitch and using the cue button as a key.

Very easy to do on a CDJ, and I'm guessing that's what he uses based on videos I've seen

Yeah, pretty sure it's on a CDJ. Anyway to do this on traktor?

Forgot, you can set a super tight loop on CDJ's as well, smaller than 1/32

Sure, find a synth hit, set the cue point at the start, turn keylock off, and use the pitch fader to change the key

Can you please hear it? It's something different, you might be confused. Setting a Cue point at the start of the synth has nthing to do, it's a loop, and he's playing around while the loop is active and he's pressing cue with the loop active, so you get that looped sound for a lil bit until he releases it. please hear it?

Tech Mentor

In that mix at 1.19.42 how do you recreate that sound????

I would listen if the mix would stream, but Soundcloud is acting funny again.

And I'm not confused per se, the only reason I said a synth hit is because, like you said, you can't keep a loop going in Traktor if you use the Cue button

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast