Buying a new laptop (Budget: €950)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default Buying a new laptop (Budget: €950)

Title says it all.
    I'm searching for a new laptop (max €950), i'm going to use it for a traktor & ableton live.

Waves'

Get a mac /Thread.

But thread continues....

28 pages later mac vs pc war rages

Ban hammer and we are done.

inb4 pc vs mac.
    DJM800 | 2xCDJ2000 | RMX1000 | Adidas HD25's
    2011 MBP | Traktor 2.6 | Kontrol S4 | Scratch Live | SL2
    Mac Pro | Ableton | Access Virus C | Maschine
    Facebook || Soundcloud || Twitter

you could get a mac for that money or you could get a windows laptop for the same money. well in the end. every recent notebook out there in that price range is able to handle ableton as well as traktor.
    I'm just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her.

seriously?

Get the most powerful machine you can afford.

honestly, you can get your answer from most forum members' signature.

Tech Wizard

But I acutualy wants a laptop from 15/17 inch so I don't think I can buy a mac. ;s

confused.jpg this should clear up some confusion
    Traktor/Ableton /Komplete /MBP OSX el capitan

http://www.soundcloud.com/deejaesnafu

mac refurb ftw
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

with that amount of money go on ebay and look for a 2nd hand mac for djing/producing mac wins

haha

as many people have said these threads come up weekly and always end the same way. The mac fanboys say buy a mac, the PC fanboys then get all defensive and say buy a PC, big argument starts up and thread locked, while the majority of non-fanboys from either camp shake head.

Do a search and you'll find many of these posts that cover in depth the advantages and disadvantages of both, including several longs posts by me. However the short answer is that either will be great, but mac will be more plug and play and PC will be cheaper (for the same spec).

Because Windows PCs are made by such a variety of manufacturers, it has to support a huge range of different computers, specifications, chipsets, motherboards, soundcards etc etc. While this gives huge range for customisability and there is a FAR wider range of software available, the integration of all this hardware to the operating system software is never quite perfect. When you try and do "professional" work with it (video editing, sound recording, high level photoshop, DJing & music production) it usually takes a bit of tweeking with the graphics card or sound card settings and other things to get it all running smoothly and the way you want. Different manufacturers systems will take various amounts of this messing about with, some very little some quite a lot, but all will need some adjusting to run smoothly. (cue the PC boys telling me thats rubbish! ). However the advantage is that if you can be bothered with this messing about you'll usually get a better spec of laptop for the same money.

On the flip side, apple do use the same intel chips that are available and used by PC's, but they key is they only support the one set of hardware for each machine, they choose the components and test the s*hit out of it, write their own drivers etc etc and the result is that the hardware is far more tightly integrated to the software. They will work better out the box and require far less, if any, messing about to run smooth and do all of these "professional" jobs. Again because of this tight integration they also run more "smoothly" and they tend to feel much more snappy and fluid than an equivalent spec'd windows machine may so they kind of punch above their weight a bit in terms of spec. And appple's customer support is fairly legendary and if you do ever have a problem you'll have a MUCH smoother experience getting it sorted than any PC manufacturer (most, because they cut their prices to the bare minimum, have fairly terrible support!). But you pay for all this extra stuff and so Macs are dearer.

choice is yours, best price or best ease of use.

My answer is computers are a tool, and you choose the right tool for the job. sometimes thats a PC and sometimes thats a Mac. I have both and use a PC 95% of the time, but only ever DJ (or do sound engineering/music recording) from my mac.

k

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast