Fun with iPad\iOS music apps.
    Tech Mentor

Default Fun with iPad\iOS music apps.

Just got a new iPad... had an iPhone for quite some time now. Just wondering what peoples favorite music creation/mixing/mashing apps are on the iOS? Don't want Midi (OSC) controllers... want all in one creation/remix apps. Whatever happened to the old MixMan software... that could make a fun iPad app.

I've used iDrum for quite some time... a very simple 4x4 MPC style pad system, can import your own samples via the full PC/Mac version of iDrum... just the 4 beat per section and 16 sections (64 beats in total) per loop can be a bit limiting in creativity... also lack of FX disapoints.

Bought Propellerheads Figure at launch. It's lots of fun... it's just too bad that its limited to 8 beats and the included instruments and kits.

With the new iPad I finally got to test out BeatPort's Mashbox... and it's pretty fun. Could be really dangerous since you have all the in-app purchases to get new tracks.

What are your favorites? Do you use it just for fun (which is mostly what I'm doing) or do you actually use it as part of your gigs?
    13" Macbook Air (OS 10.8/256GB SSD/4GB RAM) | Traktor S2
    Latest DJ Recording: The Wedding Set (40 Minute House Set)

have you checked out rebirth? its an 808, 909 and 2 303's! supposed to be very fun, i was considering giving it a go! also imaschine?

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Animoog and Bebot

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

Algorithm's Djay ... not only fun but great backup in case everything goes down, for 99c you couldn't really go wrong.

Tech Mentor

Not interested in Djay as I'm not putting my music collection on the iPad, and already have a Pacemaker which I love for portable DJ times. More looking towards remix, sequence, synth kind of fun. And on another note I am looking more towards iPad apps and universal apps... but don't let it stop you from posting iPhone only apps.

Animoog and Bebot look interesting. Animoog looks crazy indepth, and then Bebot being the exact opposite.

iMaschine is iPhone only, not universal with iPad control which is disapointing to me. But it is a very powerful sequencer app... and could be considered... maybe NI will update it to be universal in the future.

I loved Rebirth back in the day, it is one I'm considering. The iPhone version had low reviews due to control issues, but on the full iPad screen it may be lot better.

Other that I've found and considering (but heistant due to price) is Korg's iElectribe, which emulates the ESX-1. A device I used to own and enjoy, but I ditched because it was a nucience to load in custom samples. Also the Tenori-on emulator from Yamaha could be considered if custom samples are possible... always had an interest in those devices.
    13" Macbook Air (OS 10.8/256GB SSD/4GB RAM) | Traktor S2
    Latest DJ Recording: The Wedding Set (40 Minute House Set)

I just saw this over at DJworx, it's MixVibes CrossDJ a new app for iPad. Here's the link:

http://www.mixvibes.com/content/cros...-description-0

Hope this helps...
    bbpmdj

Tech Mentor

Nano Studio is great for creating, I have it on my iphone and always thought it would be tit's for ipad.
    Another one I use a lot is iKaossilator, simple and fun.

Animoog is more fun than a barrel of monkeys and onsale for $10. Worth it's own thread I think.

Tech Mentor

iMaschine for the iPhone is plenty full of fun!