pioneer rmx-1000 effects in traktor
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Default pioneer rmx-1000 effects in traktor

please help.....!
    i am a new dj just starting out with limited talent and money!
    i seen a comment on djtechtools; someone reckons you can produce the isolator combo effects seen on the pioneer rmx-1000 in traktor with relative ease. i have tried , and failed!!
    i have watched the vids on youtube of rik parkinson introducing the product to top name djs in miami and it blew me away! very impressive!
    could someone please tell how to recreate these amazing build ups and breaks in traktor, in particular, the combo of cut/add, trans/roll and gate/drive.
    thanks in advance for any help or abuse!!

Tech Convert

Hi, i already made first mapping inspired by RMX-1000 - its based on Scamo S4 Extreme Jogs Effects - all buildups ends up with release fx: http://forum.djtechtools.com/showthread.php?t=51820 (its very easy to do in any mapping), right now im trying to create automatic isolators effects

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by franekk View Post
    Hi, i already made first mapping inspired by RMX-1000 - its based on Scamo S4 Extreme Jogs Effects - all buildups ends up with release fx: http://forum.djtechtools.com/showthread.php?t=51820 (its very easy to do in any mapping), right now im trying to create automatic isolators effects

Hey franekk, i'd like to help you figure this out. What approach are you taking to the isolators?

Tech Convert

i was thinking about combo : shift +filter - this will assign effect 3 or 4 to that filter channel, change it to specific effect (echo), then after release of shit kills effect
    Last edited by franekk; 05-09-2012 at 01:48 PM.

that is awesome... I'm gonna steal it for my jog's in vdj...

is it mapped as

1st touch on - masher on, set modifier for the jogfx to control the masher size
    1st touch off - masher off, tape stop on, set modifier for jogfx off, set modifier for tapestop on
    2nd touch on - tapestop off, set modifier for tapestop off

I think I might use a different button for the release though as the action of touching the jog seems clumsy, I'd prefer a button that on the down press turns off the masher, turns on the tapestop and disables jogfx, the on release of the button disables tapestop.
    Why did the elephant get lost... Cause the Jungle is MASSIVE!

Tech Guru

With macro knobs would it be possible to map them so that the knobs have different start positions?

For example let's say I had a filter and delay mapped to the same knob. I'd prefer the filter to start at 12 o'clock so that it isn't immediately on. But i'd want to the delay to start at a 1/8 note so that knob's start point would be earlier too. Is this possible?

Tech Convert

wow, im a little outta my depth here!! franekk thank you for your reply, ur a genius!! im very jealous of ur S4! im using an X1 myself so i guess i need to be studying a bit harder!

you can't do it in traktor natively, zestoi's midi masher could do it in traktor though, and he is making the scripting much more accessible than his previous LUA coding, and it's one hell of a powerful application in terms of beating traktor mapping shortcomings... vdj can do it natively... easily

effect 'delay' slider 1 & param_greater 50% ? param_multiply 50% & effect 'filter" slider 1

Why did the elephant get lost... Cause the Jungle is MASSIVE!

Tech Guru

Sort of off topic but does anyone know the actual release date for the rmx 1000?

you can't do it in traktor natively
    ...you're mistaken.
    Latest mix

There’s also an almost hermetic community that exists in many areas of dance music, where serious hobbyists feed off each other’s expertise but barely connect to the industry – despite many of those involved actually working in it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast