Loco dice + F1 - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Loco dice + F1

Quote Originally Posted by Audeo View Post
    I don't get techno like this. Filter out the bass.. keep filterin'... keeeeep filterin'.. and after 16 counts, bring it back in.
    CROWD GOES NUTS WHOO WHAA.
    As if it was unexpected..

But the use of the F1 is really nice in this clip!
    This is precisely why I have fallen in love with techno! Joris Voorn's set at Awakenings has been on repeat :-)

Sweet clip!

Quote Originally Posted by JasonBay View Post
    First off, I wouldn't expect him to be at his best at Ultra, and 2nd, why were you at Ultra?
    He had a solid set as did almost everyone I saw there. Had to experience Ultra once moving so close to Miami and it had some pretty amazing music and there was no shortage of it, just have to avoid the main stage.

Carl Cox
    Maetr1k
    Richie Hawtin
    Dubfire
    Loco Dice
    Jon Rundell
    Cassy
    Magda
    Sven Vath
    Phunk Investigation
    Beltek
    Lance Blaise (yeah)
    Stefano Noferinni
    M83
    Riotgear
    Popof
    Joris Voorn
    Steve Lawler
    John Digweed
    Adam Beyer
    Jamie Jones
    Maya Jane Coles
    Art Department

and quite a few other great sets

That's why I went to Ultra. I probably won't go again any time soon but it was definitely worth it.
    Last edited by Xonetacular; 05-09-2012 at 02:08 PM.

Hell ya thanks for that list Xone. I'm a recent techno convert *runs to soundcloud*

tres sexy. haha it's good to see i'm not the only one a little timid with the faders at times -- looks like he really wanted to bring that next track in but had to back off and run a few more bars.

It's all about the groove, not much else to it. It's not about the specific tracks, but the mix as a whole and where you end up vs where you started. It really is a different mindset when playing and attending. But if you're able to tap into it with the crowd and all be on the same wave length without ever having to say a word there isn't a greater experience in the world
    Exactly. It's a journey. you hardly ever play any bangers in this sort of set.

Oh, and this is Tech House, not Techno.
    A&H Xone:96 | Xone:K1 | 2 x 1210s | Traktor Pro 3 | Apple Macbook Pro (2015) 13" | Sennheiser HD7 DJ | Maschine Mikro Mk3
    read: http://djworx.com/author/dan-morse
    talk: http://facebook.com/bleeptechno
    listen: http://mixcloud.com/bleephudds

Tech Mentor

I don't get techno like this. Filter out the bass.. keep filterin'... keeeeep filterin'.. and after 16 counts, bring it back in.
    CROWD GOES NUTS WHOO WHAA.
    As if it was unexpected..

But the use of the F1 is really nice in this clip!
    Woah, hold on a second. The whole reason the crowd goes nuts when he drops the bass is exactly the reason why you knock techno... because it IS expected.

What's wrong with this kind of music? Is your genre of electronic music somehow more entertaining or better? Explain your hate.

Oh lol. Seems like I said something bad I said I don't get it. Not that I hate it or disrespect it. I appreciate the mixing techniques, the subtleness and the complicated loopy effect usage in house/techno, it's just that "simple filtering to hype up a crowd" stuff that I don't like.
    I mean, Traktor and all other digital FX systems lend their FX particularly well for house/techno, why no use a bit more creativity with these FX?
    And okay, a little filtering is great every once in a while, but not every 16 or 32 counts like Loco Dice does in the video.
    For example, Bas Amro also does a little filtering. A little.

We had Secret Cinema a few weeks ago at the venue I work at. Techno but not the filtering type. I liked that. Even did a little light operating that night.

So yeah, hope that clarifies a few things
    Midi Fighter|Kontrol X1|A4DJ|HDJ2000|MBP 13" 2,53Ghz 60GB SSD/500GB HDD

I mean, Traktor and all other digital FX systems lend their FX particularly well for house/techno, why no use a bit more creativity with these FX?
    Like we said, it's all about being subtle, no need to get crazy on the EFX

Tech Mentor

Audeo, you watched all but a minute or two of his set so how can you accurately judge his effects usage? Loco Dice actually does get pretty creative with his sets and uses unique effects similar to that of Richie Hawtin. Using a filter is only ONE aspect of manipulating sound and I personally think it sounds great. I'll use it any chance it seems appropriate to me and apparently the crowd loves it as well. So what is the problem here besides you personally not liking the filter?

I doubt your any more creative than Loco Dice, put up your creativity and let's compare shall we!

Tech Mentor

Like we said, it's all about being subtle, no need to get Loco on the EFX
    Fixed

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast