Loco dice + F1 - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Loco dice + F1

Quote Originally Posted by Bl4ck3n3D View Post
    I doubt your any more creative than Loco Dice, put up your creativity and let's compare shall we!
    Oh wow. Where did I say that I use the EFX better than him? Nowhere. And there's no reason to go all personal like you just did.
    And really, there's nothing subtle about twisting a knob a good 270 degrees in a quarter of a second.

And again, this is just my opinion about filtery house music. Deal with it.
    Midi Fighter|Kontrol X1|A4DJ|HDJ2000|MBP 13" 2,53Ghz 60GB SSD/500GB HDD

Tech Mentor

Audeo, what is filtery house music? What is wrong with using a filter? Why IS there a filter on a mixer or in a software anyways? I guess we should just ignore it than, right? And the only reason I got personal is because of your snobbish attitude towards Loco Dice and a 1 minute video, as if you could properly gauge an entire mix through a minute or two.
    Last edited by Bl4ck3n3D; 05-11-2012 at 11:35 AM.

wowhoho, calm down. There's no need to be that vocal about a simple opinion, you may not agree about his, but the reaction is just out of proportion, and I'm sure Audeo got your point too.
    Last edited by Yul; 05-11-2012 at 12:31 PM.
    Latest mix

There’s also an almost hermetic community that exists in many areas of dance music, where serious hobbyists feed off each other’s expertise but barely connect to the industry – despite many of those involved actually working in it.

Tech Mentor

I'm sorry if I came off as being a bit harsh, I'm just passionate in what I write, say, think, and do. I took offence when Audeo bashed filter use as I am guilty of using the filter. I shouldn't have taken it so personally and I'm sorry for that, Audeo.

I enjoy the use of the filter very much and I believe it to be an integral part in effecting a track. For example, when I use a beatmasher, delay/T3 delay on a beat during a verse I use the high pass filter to take away the low end whilst I enable either a reverb or delay over the beat causing a repeating effect. To do that without the filter would train wreck the mix and no one wants that. As well, during the breakdown of a track or even a part where the bass is omitted for one bar, I'll employ the high pass filter once again just to smooth over that part of the track. Using a filter, reverb, and delay during the breakdown can create an interesting buildup to the drop. Another use of the filter is to simply add variety as 4 on 4 beats become repetitive after awhile and throwing on the filter for one or two beats adds flare to the mix. The filter is paramount to this type of effect usage and is why I became defensive over what Audeo stated. I believe he took a simplistic view of the filter and especially in regards to this video which is only a minute or two long.

I would like to get some bragging rights for being good friends with the guy who's track he is playing. Terje Bakke.

Cool?

Quote Originally Posted by Audeo View Post
    Oh wow. Where did I say that I use the EFX better than him? Nowhere. And there's no reason to go all personal like you just did.
    And really, there's nothing subtle about twisting a knob a good 270 degrees in a quarter of a second.

And again, this is just my opinion about filtery house music. Deal with it.
    I'm with you on this - he launches the same perc loop over and over and filters a little bit - anyone with basic DJ skill can do that...people don't like it when you say bad things about their idols.
    13" Macbook Pro i7/8gb/750gb :: Traktor S4 + F1 + Pro 2 :: Allen & Heath DB4 :: Allen & Heath K2 :: Midi Fighter Classic :: Midi Fighter Pro (BM) :: Midi Fighter 3D :: Pioneer RMX1000 :: DJM800 :: 2 xCDJ1000mk3 :: Beats Pro + Beats Studio

Quote Originally Posted by The Mighty FV View Post
    I'm with you on this - he launches the same perc loop over and over and filters a little bit - anyone with basic DJ skill can do that...people don't like it when you say bad things about their idols.
    If you don't like techno you're not going to like techno DJs...

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Xonetacular View Post
    If you don't like techno you're not going to like techno DJs...

jp1.jpg

J.P.: Are you afraid of it?
    Kane: No I just don't like techno.
    J.P.: You would if you had robot ears.

Tech Guru

Looks like Mr Dice may have moved away from the click clack snoredom tht he's played for the last few years and added a bit of swing and funk. Nice to see.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast