moving from tsp2 to serato a few concerns
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default moving from tsp2 to serato a few concerns

Ok so im making the jump from traktor to serato as ive been using a colleagues here and there and if im being honest im really starting to prefer it. My only concerns are whether or not it would be stable. Im ready to order tomorrow, my specs are: hp g62, 2.27ghz i3, 8gb ram, 60gb ssd (os) 500gb 7200rpm hdd (drive bay music), win 7 64bit. fully optimised and running sweeeet

does anyone here use similar specs, i'll be buying an sl2.
    MBP / 8gb Ram / 1TB / SSL / Rane SL2 / HD25's / Dicers / Empty Bank Account

Quote Originally Posted by brian_johnstone View Post
    Ok so im making the jump from traktor to serato as ive been using a colleagues here and there and if im being honest im really starting to prefer it. My only concerns are whether or not it would be stable. Im ready to order tomorrow, my specs are: hp g62, 2.27ghz i3, 8gb ram, 60gb ssd (os) 500gb 7200rpm hdd (drive bay music), win 7 64bit. fully optimised and running sweeeet

does anyone here use similar specs, i'll be buying an sl2.
    That looks fine to me, I have lower specs (2.4 ghz, 2GB ram) and am running pretty low (2ms) latency with no problems.
    One of the great things about serato imo. Seems to work very well, with no major over head

thanks for the response.. its encouraging to hear which version of serato software are you using?

specs look fine. welcome to the dark side
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

haha ive been having a few issues with traktor recently, and think that my sound card may be on its way out, so thought i'd give it a go.. if i dont get on with serato i know at leat the resale value is brilliant and can always go back and get a new ni card

Tech Guru

I've been contemplating the same move and actually have a g62 as well. Keep us posted.

I can't deal with the instability of Traktor anymore. I don't believe there is a import app yet so redoing all my cue points is not something I am looking forward too.

djproben - "But who can resist an album called "the Gay 90s"! I assumed it was going to be a lot of Moby and Keoki...."

no theres not that i know of but ill keep you posted. traktor crashed on me twice last friday night.

ok so a little update... serato ran absolutely fine for the majority of the night. i played it safe and kept latency at 5ms... HOWEVER i did have one serious issue. I dropped a track onto deck b at about 2am, and the entire program froze up, music from deck a continued to play however i could not change the track on B. it was as if the track i was trying to load was stuck to the mouse. the program just stopped responding. Luckily i had a spare cdj set up tonight with a mix cd cued up incase i had issues. I just mixed into it and restarted the laptop. However once i restarted i tried to drop the same track onto the same deck and it was fine. has anyone else encountered this problem?? the file is analysed, not corrupt and like i said played fine after the restart???

I have yet to this day never had a problem with Serato, it just works. Traktor used to feel like a Windows PC to me i was always having to sort something out and trouble shoot bits and bobs, Serato is just like my mac, it just works.

i found the issue to the problem i had, there were some corrupt files in my library... really old tracks that i ripped from cd a long time ago. luckily they arent songs that i have layed recently and would probably never use them again so i have just deleted them.

I do have to say though, i am did enjoy the 'dark side' a great deal... everything in the software just felt so much smoother without any delays/lagging. Im really looking forward to using it and feel confident that once i get my library in order (last night was really rushed so the issues were my own fault really) everything will be sweet.

so @ dj lotus... go for it, make the switch, i dont thnk you'll regret it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast