Do people even get booked for deep house? - Page 3
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Go on Beatport, and search by genre.

Quote Originally Posted by Xonetacular View Post
    But to answer your question I'm trying to figure out where to go for a friend's birthday in two weeks and after filtering out the junk it seems the only things to choose from is deep house and there are a few people playing. All the techy stuff and the Techno Loft at space seems to be deep tech house type stuff too that weekend. Not really complaining. I'm debating seeing Deetron.
    You're near Miami, right? Electric Pickle is always a good call. They have Tales of Us playing on the weekend you're thinking of going out, depending on the day. A must see I would say

I'm pretty sure that the term "Deep House" is starting to take on a new meaning with the latest generation of DJ's. Case in point, the Deep House & Bass Music thread on this site has very few if any true Deep House tracks, at least by my definition. And as for using Beatport to define genre's? Half the time I'm having to change the genre on tracks I buy from Beatport, there's no rhyme nor reason to how they sort their music by genre.
    "Walking the fine line between Stupidity and Genious" My Soundcloud ---- My Mixcloud
    MBP Retina 2015--TSP 2.10--2xDNSC5000--2xDNSC2900--2xDNSC2000--NI F1--Denon DN-X1700--HDJ2000--Stanton STR8-80--QSC K12's--Crown Amplifier--Urei Monitors

Quote Originally Posted by JasonBay View Post
    You're near Miami, right? Electric Pickle is always a good call. They have Tales of Us playing on the weekend you're thinking of going out, depending on the day. A must see I would say
    An hour north but yeah- Deetron is playing that Friday at Electric Pickle- I didn't see Tales of Us anywhere but I would love to see them. Oh wait, you're right- wasn't posted on their website or where I was looking. Thanks, I would have missed that.

Yeah dude, Deetron is good, but ToU is on fucking money! Plus I would imagine a much more better crowd for that one, or at least my kind of crowd. I've been to the Pickle a couple of times over the years and have to say it was probably the one club I felt the most comfortable in, period.

yeah see Tale of Us or anything from dirtybird...a little Claude Von Stroke would go a looooong way in my life right now. The one super club here (The Guvernment...its kinda famous i guess) doesnt really promote any deep house concerts or events and the lounges they have im not sure if they play deep house. Im beginning to just think that there isnt a demand for it in my town. T.O people.... some help would be great lol!

Quote Originally Posted by JasonBay View Post
    Yeah dude, Deetron is good, but ToU is on fucking money! Plus I would imagine a much more better crowd for that one, or at least my kind of crowd. I've been to the Pickle a couple of times over the years and have to say it was probably the one club I felt the most comfortable in, period.
    For sure, I've actually never been and have been meaning to check it out- I've heard good stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by 1mco View Post
    yeah see Tale of Us or anything from dirtybird...a little Claude Von Stroke would go a looooong way in my life right now. The one super club here (The Guvernment...its kinda famous i guess) doesnt really promote any deep house concerts or events and the lounges they have im not sure if they play deep house. Im beginning to just think that there isnt a demand for it in my town. T.O people.... some help would be great lol!
    Check out Footworks, from when I was there and what I've read that's up your alley. Proper Underground Venue. Guv is too big for it's own good and can't get away with booking acts like ToU I'd say.

Quote Originally Posted by Xonetacular View Post
    For sure, I've actually never been and have been meaning to check it out- I've heard good stuff.
    Then do yourself a favour and go!

What you're missing out on,

From last year but you get the picture

Tech Guru

Kollektiv Turmtrasse is really floating my boat lately on the deeper tip

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast