Help with Numark Total Control please
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Help with Numark Total Control please

I have had this controller for a few months now on the most important week its not functioning well. everything on the controller works except some of the buttons on the right side (deck b) load track, set cue, cue, and the the play buttons are the only things not working on the controller. i have tried it on other software like traktor but the buttons are not working. i know they work because i click play with the mouse and the led lightsup on the controller but when trying to press play on the controller it wont respond. please someone help me i have a gig on saturday. i have also tried putting other ts1 but those buttons will not respond.

Tech Mentor

So, you know the LEDs on the buttons work, not if the buttons send MIDI data. Try using MIDI learn for the functions you need, and see if anything comes out from the controller side. If not, it's b0rked. If yes, your mappings are just messed up.

I used MIDItrace and it worked like a charm, my controller was brand new again, it got me through the night. But now I'm have the same problem all over again, I tried using MIDItrace again but the same buttons wil not send messages. Please help its an internal problem I don't know how to fix.

Tech Mentor

If the buttons don't send MIDI and you've confirmed this with another computer, the controller is broken. I hope it's still under warranty.

Yes it sends the message put the play button sends 4 different messages. And when I install the traktor tsi file it still sends different messages.

when you press only the play button, without releasing, you get more than one midi message generated? if so does sound like a hardware bug. i've had pots on some of my controllers send out a stream of messages when it's bordering between two of them. if the 'extra messages' are cc's there's a good chance they're from a pot, if your buttons usually send out note messages. maybe pressing the play button is causing the case to bend slightly and triggering something else? comparing the midi dump to the spec for the controller, or even just the tsi, should tell you what they are - and if they're just totally bogus or not.
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"

thank you guys for your help, i made a quick video to show whats wrong, please watch

Tech Mentor

I had a similar problem on my old Numark Omnicontrol. I took it back to where I had purchased and as it was under waranty they sent it for repair, turns out the PCB was damaged. I got it back and 5 weeks later same thing happened again and it was sent back and Alesis fully replaced the unti as the PCB went again. Guy in the shop said they get numark stuff back all the time with similar issues so i went and got a twitch instead.

a twitch?????

Quote Originally Posted by Drsrichest4 View Post
    thank you guys for your help, i made a quick video to show whats wrong, please watch
    either faulty hardware or a very very odd mapping that needs fixing no way of knowing without seeing the raw midi data being output i guess.

u said that using midi trace it wasn't always sending messages? then must be hardware - take it back or if out of warrenty maybe try opening it up and looking to see if there's any obvious physical reason for the issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Drsrichest4 View Post
    a twitch?????
    why not? unless u really want jogs. tho a twitch + cdj101 or the new behringer PL-1 would fix that. personally i need jogs...
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast