Accepting Sponsorship deals
    Tech Mentor

Default Accepting Sponsorship deals

I'm in a bit of a dilemma here in both personal convictions and morals. I've been approached by a company who have showed interest in sponsoring me. However, they would be allowed to use me to promote whatever they want. I know this can be a good thing, if all goes well. But I can't find anything to give me a good sense that this is truly a good thing. My agent hasn't given me a copy of the contract yet, but will be getting it on Monday.

Does anyone have experience with this? I could use some advice on what I should be looking / asking for before I sign on the that line.

Cheers.

Well, contracts aren't set in stone, so if there's something you don't like in it, you can change. Plus could add a list of things you don't want to be associated, i.e. Guns and Alcohol for example, so they can use you to market whatever they want except those two things.

All depends on what the contract says at this point and if you want to be associated with them.

WHy don't you think it would be a good thing? Have they sponsored anyone else?

Who would not want to be associated with alcohol?
    13,3" MacBookPro (Mid 2012) # 2x Technics 1210 # NI Audio 8 DJ # Ecler Nuo 2.0 # NI Traktor Kontrol X1 # Sennheiser HD-25
    http://soundcloud.com/vincent-lebaron/

Tech Student

Quote Originally Posted by 3heads View Post
    Who would not want to be associated with alcohol?

LOL, I wouldn't....