using a vci-100 with a usb hub?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default using a vci-100 with a usb hub?

Just wondering...

Anyone here successfully using a VCI-100 with a powered usb hub?

If so, why kind of hub, and is this with the VCI's optional power adapter or without?

I can't get mine to run at all with a belkin 4 port powered hub, with/ or without the optional power adapter...

this isn't a problem at the moment, but will be when i upgrade to the mac platform...

By saying it doesn't at all, do you mean that Windows doesn't even recognize it (like when you hear that stupid little chime when you connect/disconnect something)?

Quote Originally Posted by Chilly View Post
    By saying it doesn't at all, do you mean that Windows doesn't even recognize it (like when you hear that stupid little chime when you connect/disconnect something)?
    exactly.

Interesting.

I'm going to assume your hub is recognized.

Do other devices function ok?

With my previous assumption in play, powered usb hubs actually only supply power to 1/2 of the ports on the device. So in your case, 2 ports will have power.

With the hub being powered by A/C, have you:
    a) tried all the ports?
    b) tried all the ports with nothing else connected via usb to the laptop?

Sorry if this seems remedial....I'm not trying to insult your intelligence here...

I just bought a hub the other day and i was having this problem actually, have not had time to sit down and nut out the problem just yet though >=(

I desided to route my oxy8 and xsp through a hub about 2 weeks ago. I had to reprogram all my tks to the devices... boo!

What platform are you on?

Why did you need to reprogram all the tks files? That's unfortunate.

Im using winxp and Im not sure why. I think the usb hub may have put the midi on another channel... but that doesn't make since. Hmm, but sure enough I found out because I plugged in my controllers.... and nothing. So I reloaded my settings... nothing. So I unplugged the usb hub, plug everything in with out it, and worked fine. Answer? None. I really needed to use the hub since I only have 3 usb ports, so I reprogrammed the keys and buttons. lol

Tech Convert

I'm using mine through a powered belkin 4 usb hub on my mac with no AC adapter running to the VCI and its worked flawlessly...

Tech Wizard

I just posted a similar reply in another thread...

Anyway, I ended up going with a Express Card 3/4 4 Port USB card on a MacBookPro and connect my VCI-100SE to it. It works with no issues.
    No A/C adapter on the express card needed.

Native MBP USB Port 1 by the power connection has my audio 8 connected to it and the Native MBP USB Port 2 on the right hand side of the laptop connects a WD Passport 320GB Drive.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast