B33son I choose you!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Default B33son I choose you!

ok so all gayness aside, I was checking out youtube for some controllerism videos for ideas, inspiration and even a tutorial or too. Then I see a name Im familiar with DJ B33son. Said you won a contest. I check out the video and "I jizzed in my pants". It was beautiful. Im always trying to practice 4 deck mixing and it ends up going no where fast.

I would love a walkthrough on whats going on. Im getting bored of 2 decks (still messing around with effects and whatnot, but still its time to step it up!

So please a walkthrough of sorts, to understand workflow and the dynamic of properly spinning on 4decks. I only have TPro and a RMX controller, surely thats enough to get me going?
    Silly DJ loops are for kids!

RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

a bloody brilliant song that is!

Respect due aside...if anyone "jizzed in their pants" hanging out with us i'd have to slap them some
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Forgive me pointing this out but B33son uses lots and lots of loops in his mixes.
    The OPs signature is "Silly DJ loops are for kids!"

Me no undertsandy.

Well, I think they are rendered as not being silly here.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

whahaha that video is the funniest i v seen
    i jized in my pants ;]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]
    f0tif0

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    Forgive me pointing this out but B33son uses lots and lots of loops in his mixes.
    The OPs signature is "Silly DJ loops are for kids!"

Me no undertsandy.
    Hahahahahaha brilliant !!
    M I S T E R M O L E Y M O L E
    part of the digital revolution

Quote Originally Posted by f0tif0 View Post
    whahaha that video is the funniest i v seen
    i jized in my pants ;]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7yfISlGLNU

is pretty damn funny too!

Tech Guru

I have recently found myself pushing 3 decks (I'm definitely not B33son let me state that straightaway) because I was able to mix and had time on my hands and didn't want to play with effects too much (too much=shit sound). Alot of times another track will pop into my head and I'll say (to myself) this would sound good here too. If you look back about a few months I asked this very question myself in an identical thread. You get to a point where you can do 2 deck mixing very easily and still making your phrasing sit well whilst not just mixing intro->outro (for example I do this while cleaning my room). So when I am actually in the booth (so to speak) I want to get more creative and use the third deck for samples/loops. Another cool thing is to inject a loop from the third deck that has been heavily effected ahead of time (one that it would be obvious what it is if it were not affected by fx) tease with that (almost subliminally) then drop it into the mix as the main track (w/ no fx) at a later point, and watch the aha look. Using all 4 decks right now is too much for the tsi I am working on. With only a vci and a nanopad (which needs mapping) 4 decks is too difficult to manage, especially when sharing line faders between 4 decks. Most likely I will reassign my tempo faders to be line faders for decks 3+4.

Anyone can mix on 3-4 decks (hell I do), but mixing on 4 decks and sounding great (knowing that the last 2d are really adding something constructive) is a difficult thing and I can't do it all the time. B33son does it although I believe he has recently stated that he is using decks 3&4 to replay bits of tracks he just played. I know that something that majorly helps is adding stored loop points (tho I haven't done this but will be doing it soon now that I find myself using 3d), this lets you browse the loopable portions of your tracks quickly.

Anyhow I hope this helps because I remember asking the same question a few months ago.
    FIX8:OSCill8
    My Rig: Macbook 13" (2.16ghz 4gb crucial ram), VCI-100 custom paint, Korg Nanopad, Axiom 25, DJIO

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast