NI Audio 8 DJ with TSP2?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Default NI Audio 8 DJ with TSP2?

Hi everyone

I hate to be that annoying guy who asks questions that have no doubt been asked before but I just can't find the answer I'm looking for so here goes....

In short, can I use my existing Audio 8 with TSP2?

I currently have TSP but I've had enough of the multicore cables and the headaches that come with them. So much so that I'm considering dropping Traktor altogether. However, if someone can tell me I can simply upgrade to TSP2, continue to use my existing Audio 8 whilst doing away with the multicore cables and not have to buy an Audio 6 then I'll be a happy camper!

Please help!

Thanks
    Nick.

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Yes.

What do you mean "doing away with the multicore cables"? The Audio8 doesn't magically gain the Thru-Mode of Audio6/10
    Apart from that TSP2 can be run with the Audio8, no problems.
    13,3" MacBookPro (Mid 2012) # 2x Technics 1210 # NI Audio 8 DJ # Ecler Nuo 2.0 # NI Traktor Kontrol X1 # Sennheiser HD-25
    http://soundcloud.com/vincent-lebaron/

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by 3heads View Post
    What do you mean "doing away with the multicore cables"? The Audio8 doesn't magically gain the Thru-Mode of Audio6/10
    Apart from that TSP2 can be run with the Audio8, no problems.
    I mean can I connect my turntables directly to the Audio 8 inputs then run RCA/Phono cables from the outputs into my mixer?

You can do that with Traktor 1 too, the multicore's function is to provide a way to bypass the soundcard and play regular vinyl by only flipping the line switch on the mixer. Audio 6/10 handle this internally, that's why they no longer ship with multicores.

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by padi_04 View Post
    You can do that with Traktor 1 too, the multicore's function is to provide a way to bypass the soundcard and play regular vinyl by only flipping the line switch on the mixer. Audio 6/10 handle this internally, that's why they no longer ship with multicores.
    ah ok, interesting. I do play regular vinyl as well during my sets so perhaps I do need to get the Audio 6?

I guess my main aim is to save as much money as possible and not have to buy new kit!

Or switch the decks to Live Input inside Traktor. You don't need a new interface. You'd be losing a I/O pair with the Audio6 as well, along with the mic in and MIDI I/O

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by padi_04 View Post
    Or switch the decks to Live Input inside Traktor. You don't need a new interface. You'd be losing a I/O pair with the Audio6 as well, along with the mic in and MIDI I/O
    is Live Input a feature of TSP2 then? I haven't seen it in TSP.

Click on the little arrow below each deck letter.

The main difference is that if you were using multicores and your computer died or whatever then you could play regular vinyl without unplugging anything.

Just curious but, why are you against them?

Tech Convert

Excellent - thanks!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast