Transition between breakdowns/buildups
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Transition between breakdowns/buildups

It's something i've been hearing a lot lately.. They beatmatch and phrase match two songs, when Song A is about to hit the breakdown they cut it to Song B, so you get song B's breakdown, but then on the buildup they start adding lots of effects and shit and they eventually go back to Song A but because of all the effects on top of the songs you don't really notice until song A drops again.

It's the effects and the EQ'ing i wanna know about..it's not like super colorful effects that bring the audio all the way up..and that's what i don't get..

I know they use pioneer equipment, and pioneer's effects are different than traktor's but it shouldn't be that much different.

You can hear an example here:

http://www.djmix.com/2012/05/kaskade...t-6-30-2011-lq first transition from Angel in my shoulder(Kaskade?) and Epic, what i'm talking about happens around 3:16..

All you wanna know is what effects he's using?

First off, that's a very shitty recording, but it sounds like nothing more than fading it in and being a bit heavy on the reverb and then cutting it when the kick comes back in

Effects/EQ'ing methods....i know how to do this, songs must have the exact same length on the breakdowns, beatmatch them on the drops and just cut it from A to B on the breakdown..

if you hear kaskade's transition you notice that Zero76 is approaching but you hear it as if it was far away (in a distance) You can also hear the other song playing with some EQ'ing over it and some effects, but overral it doesn't sound really loud or the songs don't clash.

Yeah, ill find another set, one second, kaskade's one is really LQ.

Check this one out: (This one is not the transition i'm talking about, he just drops both breakdowns mixes it to song B and Just plays Song B's Drop, but still the breakdown mixing is what i'm interested in)

http://www4.zippyshare.com/v/82731374/file.html

at 6:40 like i said above, he drops both breakdowns, starts mixing them, bringing in ''The legend'' and eventually just leaving ''The legend'' playing, but the mixing is flawless and the effects and EQ'ing, you rarely notice he switched songs. You would have to know both of the songs being played and really hear it well.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonBay View Post
    First off, that's a very shitty recording, but it sounds like nothing more than fading it in and being a bit heavy on the reverb and then cutting it when the kick comes back in
    Had totally forgotten about reverb, seems like it does the trick. Could use more advice if you got any?

What more do you need? Just practice, learn your tool set and experiment

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by JasonBay View Post
    What more do you need? Just practice, learn your tool set and experiment
    +1

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by JulianVeloso View Post
    Yeah, ill find another set, one second, kaskade's one is really LQ.

Check this one out: (This one is not the transition i'm talking about, he just drops both breakdowns mixes it to song B and Just plays Song B's Drop, but still the breakdown mixing is what i'm interested in)

http://www4.zippyshare.com/v/82731374/file.html

at 6:40 like i said above, he drops both breakdowns, starts mixing them, bringing in ''The legend'' and eventually just leaving ''The legend'' playing, but the mixing is flawless and the effects and EQ'ing, you rarely notice he switched songs. You would have to know both of the songs being played and really hear it well.

since I am terrible at remembering song names, what song was that dropped in right after changed the way you kiss me?

Quote Originally Posted by rkelley23 View Post
    since I am terrible at remembering song names, what song was that dropped in right after changed the way you kiss me?
    It's EPIC by Sandro Silva & Quintino i think.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast