Midi Fighter Classic vs Pro. Would it be worth it to save my money?

Default Midi Fighter Classic vs Pro. Would it be worth it to save my money?

I'm a very amateur DJ that is just starting to get into it. For the past 6 months I've just been using the Vestax Spin with Djay, just to see if I would enjoy it. Turns out I'm in love with DJ'ing, so I'm very excited to get more into it. I'm going to be upgrading to nicer gear soon, so by the end of the year I'll probably be using an S4 with Traktor. I've also been looking at the Midi Fighter and it seems like it would be an AWESOME addition. But, what I'm wondering is, would it be worth it to save up my money for the Pro? Or would it be just fine with the Classic? Leave your responses! I'm happy to be a part of this community!

Welcome to DJTT

As for the MF, you will know the answer when you need one! The learning curve to Traktor will be big enough (not to mention a lot of fun) without putting an extra controller in there at the beginning. When you know what you want it for, which one you need will become apparent.

For now, get down with your mixing (you can run Traktor with the Spin, I have and it's a lot of simple fun), collect your music and read/listen to all you can. There is a bazillion bits of solid advice here in the forums and blog, search with diligence and you will uncover lots of very good info (and some nutty people too).
    MBP 10.6; Itch 2.2; Novation Twitch; TP 2.x; MF Classic; Ultrasone DJ1 Pro
    Apogee Duet 2; Reason; Ableton 8; 49SL MkII; Maschine Mikro; Launchpad

Thanks a lot! I'll keep that in mind

my money would probably be on a mf3d instead of the classic or pro. i love my mf classic, but rgb led's would be great plus you have the same extra 4 buttons for bank switching that the pro has. u can do some cool things with the pots on the pro as they send out more than a single midi message - but personally i'd go for a classic if not a 3d. i'm pretty sure that i'd always keep my midifighter even if i changed all my other controllers.
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"