Re-sale price... - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by JasonBay View Post
    Ouch! Those are fucking expensive! I can get a Xone92 for how much those cost
    Just after the sound card and the tight Traktor integration really. I like that it has so much on the actual mixer.
    Pioneer DJM 700 / Traktor Kontrol X1 / 2 x Technics SL1200MK5 / Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6.7 / Ortofon Concorde Nightclub MK1
    Audio 8 DJ / Sennheiser HD 25-1 II / Magma Traveler / IsoAcoustics ISO-L8R155 / KRK RP6 G2 / Vinyl

...... so why are you selling the S4?

...... so why are you selling the S4?
    I'm always getting pops and crackles on windows even after having a dedicated partition with just Traktor on it running a stripped down Windows 7. The drivers are just awful unfortunately.

And the Pioneer mixer just feels better in general. The S4 is pretty large, considering I rarely use 4 channels it's a bit pointless really...
    Pioneer DJM 700 / Traktor Kontrol X1 / 2 x Technics SL1200MK5 / Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6.7 / Ortofon Concorde Nightclub MK1
    Audio 8 DJ / Sennheiser HD 25-1 II / Magma Traveler / IsoAcoustics ISO-L8R155 / KRK RP6 G2 / Vinyl

Fair enough, was just curious.

i don't know the shipping to italy, but at that price i can buy it, yep
    Traktor S2 . Traktor X1 . Traktor F1 (in UPS hands atm) . MBP . TP2 . Reloop Rhp-10 .

Soundcloud.
    Gone Vci 100 se arcade edition . Audio 2DJ . Launchpad . RMX . lpd8 .

But, if you're really ambitious, you could try and get the best price out of the S4 (as close to $700 US as possible) and then scoop up a MacBook for about $400 US on Craigslist and put the rest towards an S2.

Now you have a dedicated Laptop for DJing, and you still have the "feel" of an S4 with the S2 minus two tracks, and be better off overall I'd say than buying just a two channel mixer.

The T1 comes with a scratch duo licence which you can now upgrade to scratch pro for free, so why do you need to keep the S4 licence?
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Protip - changing hardware will NOT do anything to improve the performance of your software. In other words, getting rid of your S4 isn't going to help your system get rid of those pops and clicks.

But, if you're really ambitious, you could try and get the best price out of the S4 (as close to $700 US as possible) and then scoop up a MacBook for about $400 US on Craigslist and put the rest towards an S2.

Now you have a dedicated Laptop for DJing, and you still have the "feel" of an S4 with the S2 minus two tracks, and be better off overall I'd say than buying just a two channel mixer.
    I'm not a big Mac fan in all honesty, and I don't want an S2... I want a solid feeling mixer.

Quote Originally Posted by fullenglishpint View Post
    The T1 comes with a scratch duo licence which you can now upgrade to scratch pro for free, so why do you need to keep the S4 licence?
    Oh really? I knew it came with duo but thought I'd have to upgrade to pro? Do you have a link for that information like somewhere on the NI website?

Quote Originally Posted by sobi View Post
    Protip - changing hardware will NOT do anything to improve the performance of your software. In other words, getting rid of your S4 isn't going to help your system get rid of those pops and clicks.
    I had other hardware before and didn't have any problems like I do with the KS4. There's about a 10 page thread about it on the NI forums. I'm not going to make the effort to find it, but it's there.

EDIT: I was curious and wanted to back up my statement, so here's some evidence. Some of the most replied to threads in the KS4 Technical Issues forum... http://www.native-instruments.com/fo...ort=replycount
    Last edited by Ross; 05-13-2012 at 03:25 PM.

http://www.native-instruments.com/en...remix/?type=99

DISCLAIMER:
    * The free update will be available via NI Service Center on release day of TRAKTOR PRO 2.5, scheduled for May 30th, 2012. To give DUO 2 users (TRAKTOR DUO 2, TRAKTOR SCRATCH DUO 2) more time to get accustomed with the vastly expanded creative arsenal and flexibility, they can freely choose when to upgrade to PRO 2. When you want to try it out, download the TRAKTOR 2.1.3 update via Service Center, scheduled to be available on April 2nd, 2012. After downloading and installing the update, launch TRAKTOR and it will open as the PRO 2 version.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast