My Mix Submission For SA's Biggest Radio Show - The 5fm Ulti Mix @ 6
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default My Mix Submission For SA's Biggest Radio Show - The 5fm Ulti Mix @ 6

Hey guys, well this is my latest mix which I've just submitted to South Africa's biggest radio station 5fm. Every day during the week they have a music show called the Ulti Mix @ 6. In this show they air local DJ's mixes to more than 40 million people across the whole country. For us DJ's this is excellent exposure to get our names out across the country and to get booked.

My mix is a progressive house club mix. Yes it does have some "commercial" in it as this is a national radio station. It's also limited to 35-40 mins as per their requirements. Please give it a listen, and let me know what you think? Is it good enough for national air play?

Please comment here or place a timed comment on soundcloud. Thanks.

Tracklisting:

1) You've Got The Love (Mark Knight Remix) - Florence And The Machine
    2) Who's Wearing The Cap (Original Mix) - Laidback Luke & Sander Van Doorn
    3) Atom (Original Mix) - Nari & Milani
    4) Feel (Original Mix) - Cicada, Third Party
    5) Kontiki (Original Mix) - Hardwell, Dannic
    6) Million Voices (Original Mix) - Otto Knows
    7) Beating Of My Heart (Matisse & Sadko Remix) - M-3ox, Heidrun
    8) Devil's Work (Dirty South Remix) - Mike Snow
    9) Metropolis (Original Mix) David Guetta, Nicky Romero
    10) Leave A Light On (Original Mix) - Henrik B, Rudy
    2013 MBPr 13" | X1 mk2 | TSP 2 | A6 | DJM 900 nexus | HD 25 UBER Aluminum's | Technics sl1210 mk2's | Logic Pro 9

60 views and no comments?

Well from looking at the "plays" on soundcloud, 80% havn't even listened to it......

Thanks.
    2013 MBPr 13" | X1 mk2 | TSP 2 | A6 | DJM 900 nexus | HD 25 UBER Aluminum's | Technics sl1210 mk2's | Logic Pro 9

With a tracklisting like that, who would want to?

Listening as best I can, I'm on a train and the 3G is somewhat unreliable!
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Well you do have a point, I did say that the mix is for national radio, and is censored. I also needed to make a mix that the general public would enjoy, hence the "commercial" "top 20 beatport"

This is a big break for any local DJ here in SA, just ask the others saffa's here on the forum. If I had to put out a solid underground techno mix, I'm pretty sure my mix wouldn't even get a look at by 5fm.

My question is, do you even like the stuff you played in this mix?

Hum yeah some of this I do enjoy actually. My favorite genre's are tech, house, and progressive, gets my body moving lol..

I do enjoy other genre's such as deep, minimal, and some dubstep. I'm a very versatile DJ, and I've found that being versatile has helped me secure more gigs, and get more of a diverse fan base. I don't limit myself to only playing one genre. Maybe one day when I make a bigger name for myself, I'll start to stick more to playing just tech, and progressive house.

But just to be clear when I'm playing at a gig, I don't normally play commercial stuff, but for this particular "radio" mix I had to include some.

Solid mix dude.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Thanks buudy!

Hows things going with you these days? Been back to Barca yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Dustin V View Post
    Hum yeah some of this I do enjoy actually. My favorite genre's are tech, house, and progressive, gets my body moving lol..

I do enjoy other genre's such as deep, minimal, and some dubstep. I'm a very versatile DJ, and I've found that being versatile has helped me secure more gigs, and get more of a diverse fan base. I don't limit myself to only playing one genre. Maybe one day when I make a bigger name for myself, I'll start to stick more to playing just tech, and progressive house.

But just to be clear when I'm playing at a gig, I don't normally play commercial stuff, but for this particular "radio" mix I had to include some.
    That's a good approach for playing locally and for achieving short term success.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast