Ear Plugs or Earplugs
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Ear Plugs or Earplugs

Ok all,

On doing a search on the forum i cant find any threads dedicated to earplugs and as much as you young 'ens might call me old for saying this you should use them.

I have tinitus now after years of clubbing and not thinking too much about it whilst growing up but damn i wish i had now!

Anyway i don't want to give up clubbing any time soon so am looking at investing in a pair now to save me damaging my hearing anymore.

So who has information on Earplugs worth looking at for clubbers and DJ's a like.

Cheers all
    G
    M I S T E R M O L E Y M O L E
    part of the digital revolution

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

I'd say go to an audiologist and get them to make you some custom foam earplugs that kill evenly across the spectrum.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

So what about these on these pages... are none of these any good ?

http://www.chemical-records.co.uk/sc...0Plugs&Sort=LA

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

Well, I personally have a problem with earplugs consistently falling out of my ears, or only reducing the bass sounds, and not the mids and highs (which gets really painful for me). It really is a try and find out thing, I guess. But the ones from the ear doctors will definitely fit and they will almost definitely work
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

I did try a pair of standard workers ones last time i went out which did a great job and i came home without bad temporary ringing like normal!

they were similar to these, but bright yellow ... made you look like some sort of alian with yellow things stickin out your ears!

The great thing about them was you could use the 3 different size notchjes as different levels of sound blocking. The first level just cuts the harsh highs and the kast bigger level cuts out quite a bit of sound like a total block.

I'm after something a bit more discreet though ... maybe i'll check out how much thesemade to measure ones are.

Does no one else on here use anything ?

Gav

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

I use ear plugs when i DJ with bands (which is a lot). I just give my ears a rest whilst the bands are on.

I get the hard foam ones from Boots. I dont put them IN my ear in the normal way i lodge them in side ways. This way the prevent a lot of the noise but they dont slip out and i can have a conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by MisterMoleyMole View Post
    So what about these on these pages... are none of these any good ?

http://www.chemical-records.co.uk/sc...0Plugs&Sort=LA

I use the Alpine ones, comfy and dont notice they are there really, have to pop one out now and then to double check the levels etc, but i get on well with them
    MacBook Pro 15" 2.0GHZ i7. Kontrol S4. Traktor Scratch Pro 2.5. MidiFighter Classic. Aiaiai TMA-1.

I have heard good things about the Etymotic vented musician plugs:

http://www.amazon.com/Etymotic-Resea.../dp/B0015WNZBI

Cheap, flat response, voices remain audible. They also do custom fit attenuators that go for around $150 a pair, but require a visit to your local Audiologist to get your ears cast. Get those and you get to choose between 9dB, 15dB or 25dB of flat attenuation.

I've got some of the etymotic ones, cost quite a bit but are very comfortable and attenuate all the frequencys pretty evenly. Been out clubbing with them and they were fantastic! http://www.etymotic.com/ephp/erme.aspx

I've used the er-20's as well (which only cost around £10-20) and they are pretty good too if your budget wont stretch to the er-15's. Not as comfy and make the sound a bit duller but still LOADS better then any rubbish foam ones!
    Last edited by rjw; 05-19-2009 at 12:50 PM.

http://www.westone.com/index.php?loa...ex&page_id=190

I have a pair of those. They were about $160 and worth every penny.

Love them.
    Monika.mhz - I do things. Also stuff.
    -------------------
    Read the F.A.Q!
    Articles: Streamline Your Laptop for Djs(Windows)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast