All In One Systems.
    Tech Convert

Default All In One Systems.

I'm Looking for an Laptopless Dj Solution. I don't want cdjs or turntables. I want something like a stanton scs.4dj or a mixdeck but with built in EFX and waveforms. Does anyone know anything else besides these two controllers? I pretty much want an all in one system that has good efx and wave forms.

Thanks for the Help!
    Macbook Pro 17", Mixtrack Pro, M-Audio X-Session

Tech Mentor

You're basically looking for a controller w/ built in software. I could be wrong but I don't think there is anything out there that does the job like you're wanting it to.

The Pioneer all-in-one might be a good option for you, since you can slide a laptop underneath it, giving it a laptop-less look.

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

American Audio do a few single units (radius) which would be a better bet IMHO, and the Versa Deck which seems "ok" some people have reported issues.

The SCS is not a great rig TBH, the effects are "meh", reading tracks is sluggish and it feels pretty cheap - sure it's handy if you have the money to burn and just want a second unit - but as a primary gig box you are wasting your cash IMHO.

In fairness to stanton they made a good first effort but I think I'd hold off for a while till the second generation all-in-one units become available before jumping on the bandwagon.

BTW the Numark does NOT have a waveform display and my gut feeling is that instead of embedding the software into units the next generation units will start to utilize iPad's as the "brains" like the new Numark controller rather than need custom firmware/processors etc on board - thats my thought anyhow.

Mind us asking why an all in one ? .. Cost, Space, Transport etc.

I'm not sure if this is what your looking for but Numark HDMIX All-in-One Mobile DJ System? I don't know exactly if it has an type of waveform display but that's the closets thing to All-in-One other than the scs that I've found.

Tech Convert

The reason I can't use the laptop is because I'm going on a program outside the country that does not allow laptops and I still want to DJ. I don't want to bring/nor spend money on cdjs. The only thing that looks kind of good is the Gemini CDMP-7000 but I want to know if their is anything else. The Stanton 4dj is basically what I am looking for except it needs way more features. I also wouldn't mind bringing 2 cheap CDJ type media players (usb/hardrive no cds) and a mixer. Anyone know anything good?
    Macbook Pro 17", Mixtrack Pro, M-Audio X-Session

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

Well for a start the Gemini is HUGE ... its the same size as 2xCDJ's + DJM, you would honestly be better off going for cdj700's + mixer if you go down that route.

You aren't really going to find anything with advanced FX without spending $ on either a mixer with them built in or an external FX unit.

I'd check out the Versadeck from American Audio or possibly the radius 2000/3000 I don't know of any other plain ol' media players out there.

How portable do you need it to be ? The stanton has enough features for spinning like regular 2xCD+mixer setup - it has loops/hotcues etc, and it sounds like it might be the "only" solution to your problem.