Midi Fighter 3D Feature Requests - Page 6
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Hey would it be possible for the tilt animations to operate when the colour of an arcade button has been set with a midi message? Or fro the on and off colours of the arcade buttons to be set dynamically?

Tech Mentor

I don't know if this has been brought up, but 16 banks would be amazing if the firmware could handle it. Just use the lights up top as bits, and you've got 0000 - 1111 all at the press of no more than four buttons.
    I'm not good at things, but I like to pretend I am.
    :Project-Segfault:

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Segfault View Post
    I don't know if this has been brought up, but 16 banks would be amazing if the firmware could handle it. Just use the lights up top as bits, and you've got 0000 - 1111 all at the press of no more than four buttons.
    For my custom mapping I prefer having 16 banks in one firmware bank.

Sorry for my cheesy camera though...

Question Problem loading the 1st mapping

Hi there,
    I recently got a MF 3D from DJTT and followed Mr. Matías's advice to purchase a licence from NI for a full version of Traktor Pro 2, which has been installed on my Macbook Pro along with Utility.
    But I have trouble figuring out how to set up Traktor Pro 2 properly as I am just a rookie in the world of DJing.
    Could anyone who has ever figured this out successfully help me out? Thank you.
    "Are you using an external controller?"
    guess I should select "Yes" as I am using a MF 3D
    But I am not sure what to select when it comes to "choose your manufacturer and model" as I don't see DJTT and MF 3D on the lists there.
    I also have no idea how to answer questions like "Are you using an external mixer?" and "Select your setup". Plus, on the drop-down menu under In-Port, theres only 2 options: None and Keyboard, and theres no menu at all under Out-port without showing the MF 3D plugged in my Mac via USB
    Please help me make my MF 3D work, it is really frustrating when you have got everything you need but all you can do is let them sit there instead of rocking and having fun. Just please help me make the stuff I bought work, thanks a lot.
    Chris
    Last edited by chris119; 09-17-2013 at 09:20 PM. Reason: Update

DJTT Super Moderator midifidler's Avatar

Hey Chris,

This should help you out

https://store.djtechtools.com/produc...ds_and_support

Tech Convert

Midi Fighter Twister XL!!!

I love my Twister, but alas, just not enough knobs.

I'd love to see an 8x8 unit. 8x8 corresponds to the number of pads on a Novation Launchpad as well as the Ableton Push.

Ganging four units together is clumsy considering the buttons on the side of the unit and the space for the USB cables. Also the price would reach to about $900. Programming four units and keeping them straight would ultra-time consuming. Plus I'd need 4 available USB ports.

I'd like to see the side buttons replaced or augmented with 8 of the clear buttons found at the top of the Midi Fighter 3D. Stepping through banks with the side buttons is a little difficult since it takes a second hand to steady the unit; the buttons require a firm push to activate. If the buttons are to be included, please relocate them to the top of the unit.

All in all, I'd keep the electronics the same in order to reduce R&D costs and adding unnecessarily to the parts inventory. The only new part would be the larger casing and the associated costs with producing the molds.

All in all, the same functionality as the twister with the exception of the clear, rectangular buttons found on the 3D.

Any of you gear other gearheads like to see this? I would

Tech Wizard

What about a barrel roll function ?

Tech Student

It would be great if you could record mf button presses in traktor. Meaning the slicer or cues would continue playing your 2, 4 or 8 bar loop of button presses!
    Kinda like Mir and monome but without having to use any other apps because the record functionality is built into the firmware.
    I can do this with currently maschines pad record and out to traktor but it is a pain to setup !
    Thanks

It would be cool to use the midi fighters in standalone mode in conjunction with other gear like the volca sample. sure, you would have to use a usb to midi converter but it should be possible, no?

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

You can already do this with a USB to MIDI converter and a powered USB hub. Notes on the 3D start at C1 and go 64 semitones up.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast