Midi Fighter 3D Feature Requests - Page 2
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by midifidler View Post
    @Weltraumpapst

I've been thinking about this a bit more and I think the way I will do it is make it so the user can use the utility to select one of the side buttons as being a control to toggle between remix mode and normal mode using the utility. That will enable remix control to be easily used along side any existing user mapping.

Does that sound good to you?
    that sound awesome!!
    Setup: TP 3, Kontrol S5, MF Twister, MF3D, MF Classic, DIY-Midifighter, Aiaiai Tma-1
    soundcloud
    facebook
    formerly know as weltraumpapst

DJTT Super Moderator midifidler's Avatar

Great well this is not an official announcement but the remix deck firmware should be ready in about 2 weeks, we are redesigning the interface of the utility at the same time so it kinda depends on how long that takes.

Is it possible to have the buttons toggle? Im wanting to use the regualr arcade buttons to toggle things on and off.. Right now I can only get it to momentary have something pressed
    Originally Posted by Oliosky
    I love my mommy's milk
    WTF!

Quote Originally Posted by djfrogstar View Post
    Is it possible to have the buttons toggle? Im wanting to use the regualr arcade buttons to toggle things on and off.. Right now I can only get it to momentary have something pressed
    if you are on traktor it's just a command inside the mapping.
    Setup: TP 3, Kontrol S5, MF Twister, MF3D, MF Classic, DIY-Midifighter, Aiaiai Tma-1
    soundcloud
    facebook
    formerly know as weltraumpapst

yeah weltraumpapst has the answer

Traktor just change the interaction mode to toggle, or if you are using Ableton just map to the note rather than the CC

Quote Originally Posted by midifidler View Post
    yeah weltraumpapst has the answer

Traktor just change the interaction mode to toggle, or if you are using Ableton just map to the note rather than the CC
    Ah ... not sure what you mean exactly by mapping to the note, but Ill try looking it up. What im trying to do is basically have different MIDI channel be toggled on and off. Im using a Blofeld hardware synth and want to disable or enable the input for 16 different parts. Im using a Vestax pad one to trigger the parts.. and I want to be able to quickly choose which ones should trigger. The MF 3d is really the ultimate way of doing this because of the color coding.

-Edit Ok, figured out that I need to hold the button down and then leave Midi map mode.. Works perfectly.. The only thing Im wondering is how to keep the buttons state on the MF 3d to reflect this. I was hoping that by seeing if the toggled state remained I could visually see what is toggled without having to look at the screen. Before the MF3d I was using a zero mk2 SL from novation with automap, and the button would be lit or unlit depending on the toggled state.

Is this something that could be implemented in the future? Some sort of way for the light to be on or off. I understand for people wanting to play notes and not needing this kind of visual feedback. But for knowing if something is on or off for this kind of function it would be logical to see from the controller. Again this would be in Ableton, not Traktor
    Last edited by djfrogstar; 06-08-2012 at 01:47 AM.
    I love my mommy's milk
    WTF!

Hey Frogstar,

I need to look into deeper Ableton support, for example it would be great to have clip colors appear on the MF3D, and for the 3D to have the red box navigation functions. This will come once we finish the remix deck updates

looking forward to more Ableton stuff.. I will use the MF3d for something else until the lights can toggle from on state to off state. Im not sure how the MF Utility is going to evolve, righ now its nice and simple and easy to use. I would suggest a another tab for handling per button editing. Almost a clone of the color arranging screen. Automap does this pretty well using the same layout as the controller.. very comfortable and stream lined.

Great work so far with everything, Im really happy and suprized at the cheap price. I almost would get a second one of these once there is more control over how the lights reflect on and off
    I love my mommy's milk
    WTF!

Tech Convert

After having mine for a bit, I love it!! But I find sometimes the cord gets in the way, my "Request" that I have not seen on here is; Could the MF3D be wireless? And also maybe different "Color Banks" for Ableton/Serato/Traktor so you can have certain patterns of lights per DAW/Software ? I bounce back & forth between Serato & Ableton, I find the colors I have setup through me off when in the one not assigned to the colors.

Hey Preajekt,

You can export all settings including the color information, if you do this for each piece of software you can then use these files to quickly reconfigure the device for whatever you are currently using.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast