Moving to Traktor with Twitch + ???

Default Moving to Traktor with Twitch + ???

Okay, so I have a Twitch that I was using with Serato Itch. However, I decided to try Traktor out, and I love - it seems much more complex and open.

However, while I find the Twitch Traktor layout good in some ways, it lacks in other ways (imo). This could just be my lack of understanding the workflow of using effects, but basically I'm wondering if I could add some more gear to help with both using effects, and also (when it is released), using sample button mini controller in addition - ex. the Kontrol F1. I definitely want to use the second two decks to use my own/remix pack loops and one-shots.

So far I've looked at the Kontrol F1, and also the new Behringer CMD series. If you had a Twitch but wanted a better way to control affects and also a way to launch samples, what would you do? If it's a way better idea, I could put down the money for a different main controller (s2, s4, etc), but I'd rather keep the Twitch.

Thanks!

you could try mapping it ... the flexibility you talked about.

http://maps.djtechtools.com/mappings/82
    XPS L701x i7 16GbRAM 2x 500Gb SSD RAID HD (Windows 7 Ultimate x64) 1 x 1Tb 7200 int.
    TSP 2.6.1 ¦ Audio 8 ¦ Audio 4 ¦ 4 x Denon SC-2000 ¦ 2 x DX2 ¦ EMU shortboard ¦ MIDI_FIGHTER_PRO_PLUS
    SL1210Mk5 x 2 ¦ Numark TTX x2 ¦ DJM-T1 ¦ DDM4000 MIDI Mixer ¦ Numark 4TRAK ¦ neoD+ cables
    8000+ 45's & 2500+ 12's ¦ 2 x Traktor Kontrol S4 ¦ X1 & F1

I'd look seriously at a NI X1 or Xone K2.
    MBP 10.6; Itch 2.2; Novation Twitch; TP 2.x; MF Classic; Ultrasone DJ1 Pro
    Apogee Duet 2; Reason; Ableton 8; 49SL MkII; Maschine Mikro; Launchpad

Check this one and try it out:
    http://maps.djtechtools.com/mappings/145
    Pioneer REV 7, Serato

Tech Mentor

use Breadly's mapping or Vipers above, it fully unlocked the usability of the twitch in traktor for me

you could defs use a Xone K2 with that setup.
    NI Kontrol S2 l TP2 l Allen and Heath Xone: K2 l NI Kontrol F1 l l Oxygen 49 l Macbook Pro 13" l Odyssey L-Stand l AIAIAI TMA-1 cans l Ableton l FL Studio

I use Traktor with my Twitch and recently added a Novation Launchpad. While the other suggestions in this thread are all very good choices, its hard to beat the launchpad for versatility and price. The question is whether you're willing to take the time to map it yourself if you can't find an existing map that fits your needs.

also, both Bread and Viper's Twitch maps available on here are excellent.