How do you remember how many bars the intro or outro of a song has?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default How do you remember how many bars the intro or outro of a song has?

My question is pretty much summed up in the title but what's the best way to remember how long the intro or outro of a song is? Maybe the "comment" section in the ID3 tag? Or do you just put the track on another deck and manually count it every time you play a song?

Tech Mentor

Comments, memory if it's one of your go to tracks.

Most tracks have a pretty set intro/outro length based on the style your playing. Just have to get a feel for it, nothing more that that.

I've tried to "just get a feel for it" but the tracks I play vary pretty widely.

Like I said, each genre is different. Not much more I can say than that. Just have to practice some more until you get it. Or look at the bloody waveform

But with that being said, if you're trying to mix from pop, to house, dubstep and back to pop then of course some things are't going to lineup.

Yeah I tend to vary the genres I play pretty widely. Thanks for the help.

Tech Wizard

Another way to get a hang of it is to set cues at the points of interest and use the beat counter to check at which point you want to mix in, beyond that memory or comments.

If you're using traktor, move your mouse on top of the waveform and it will tell you the ammount of bars. If you're using CDJ's well..I have no idea, never laid hands on them.

I am using Traktor, and I knew about that feature but I never thought to use it like that. I feel stupid :P Thanks.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast