What To Do? Lemur Or Macbook Pro 15" - Page 5
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Jo I agree that an Iphone can be a bit of a pain, but look at the size of it compared to something like the Lemur. I think the Iphone is only awkward because of it's tiny size, you could probably fit about 8 Iphone screens in one Lemur screen.
    So I don't reckon that would be an issue for DJ'ing, consider how tightly packed the buttons on a Vci are, and then how many times you press the wrong one.

anyway you can't argue with science, it's inevitable,

New Fossil Links Humans, Lemurs?
    http://news.nationalgeographic.com/n...ink-found.html

13" MacBook Pro 2.7 i7 w/dual Raid0 OWC SSDs - S4 - Ableton Live 8- Lemur- iPad 2

Speaking just from a TPro perspective....
    After watching the video of TPro and the Lemur, it kinda made me glad i have a VCI-100 B/c i havent seen anything better than the VCI yet for controlling Traktor. i do think the lemur has some serious potential for Four Deck mixing in Tpro! But for the most part i think it is overkill for Tpro. However i definitely could see how the Lemur would VERY useful in a DAW application such as Ableton or Logic.

Tech Guru

One of the issues I have with the iTouchMidi apps, especially those with nobs and faders is that they are not precise. The main issue is that when I lift my finger, they always move a bit. Now I would hope that the Lemur software is a bit smarter with dealing with this, maybe just by the fact that things are bigger and therefore less sensitive to these kinds of small motions.
    Traktor Pro 2.5.0, Mixxx 1.9.1, Massive, Ableton Live 8
    MBP 15" 8GB RAM OS 10.7.4, Audio Kontrol 1, Audio 2 DJ, Sennheiser HD-25 II
    DJTT VCI-100SE Arcade, Akai LDP8, M-Audio Pro Keystation 88, Novation Launchpad, iTM DJ
    ifnotwhynot.me | soundcloud.com | fairtilizer.com | digitaldj planet | digitaldj music

I have noticed a slight occurance of that, but only on very small faders and multi-faders. I found the trick to be using right at the edge of where your nail meets your skin, for those very precise movements.

13" MacBook Pro 2.7 i7 w/dual Raid0 OWC SSDs - S4 - Ableton Live 8- Lemur- iPad 2

Tech Mentor

if this is only for traktor then dont get the lemur, its just so overkill when the same 2 grand can give you infinitely more for your money, like a full DVS/turntable setup?

Quote Originally Posted by mike_o View Post
    ...2 grand can give you infinitely more for your money, like a full DVS/turntable setup?

Tru, but I already have 2 1200's and most places that I spin at already have serato setuo...so setting up my audio8 for DVS is not an option.
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Chilly View Post
    Lemur FTMFW.

Fuck the new MBP's. They killed the FW400 and only come in glossy. Fail.
    Well.....they killed FW400, and replaced it with FW800. A simple 9pin-6pin cable and you can use any FW400 interface your heart desires.
    The glossy screen is admittedly a little lame, but it's actually not as bad as I thought it would be. You've just got to keep bright light sources away from the front of the screen.

I'd say get the new MBP.. I got mine a few months ago and absolutely love its power and sexiness. The gloss is a bit lame, but tbh you can easily look through it when it's THAT bad, which isn't often. I use it for 3D modeling / animation and computer graphics as well, not just DJ'ing mind you

buuuut lemurs are sexy and amazingly cool. the potential seems endless.

go with your gut, hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by Nannou View Post
    Well.....they killed FW400, and replaced it with FW800. A simple 9pin-6pin cable and you can use any FW400 interface your heart desires.
    The glossy screen is admittedly a little lame, but it's actually not as bad as I thought it would be. You've just got to keep bright light sources away from the front of the screen.
    Uhm...my MBP has 1 FW400 and 1 FW800.

So yeah, they killed the FW400 without replacing it with anything.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast