Should I be scared of the new DJ's? What should I do to stand out from the others? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Sunshine View Post
    Not necessarily it seems. The crossfader seems to be an often-misused tool by the youngins nowadays, syncing BPMs be damned
    Since I am very new to DJing and such, what do you mean by this?

Not necessarily it seems. The crossfader seems to be an often-misused tool by the youngins nowadays, syncing BPMs be damned
    I can attest to this! A friend of mine starting out slams the crossfader around like it will do the mixing for him.
    2 x gemini PT 1000 . Gemini PS-525 . X1
    NI Audio 6 . Traktor Scratch pro 2
    2007 Macbook Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by The Mighty FV View Post
    manners don't cost a thing dude - never forget that, it'll help you in all walks of life.

Quote Originally Posted by rkelley23 View Post
    Since I am very new to DJing and such, what do you mean by this?
    I've been DJing for a long time and I have no idea what he means haha - if you can't beatmatch and your mixing on vinyl decks, nothing will save you from sounding like shit.
    13" Macbook Pro i7/8gb/750gb :: Traktor S4 + F1 + Pro 2 :: Allen & Heath DB4 :: Allen & Heath K2 :: Midi Fighter Classic :: Midi Fighter Pro (BM) :: Midi Fighter 3D :: Pioneer RMX1000 :: DJM800 :: 2 xCDJ1000mk3 :: Beats Pro + Beats Studio

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

if you can't beatmatch and your mixing on vinyl decks, nothing will save you from sounding like shit.
    Well times fader slams maybe? Or if you're playing for an artsy crowd and you convince them that the train wreck is intentional maybe it would work.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Mentor

I've been DJing for a long time and I have no idea what he means haha - if you can't beatmatch and your mixing on vinyl decks, nothing will save you from sounding like shit.
    I hear a lot of people starting out that just crossfade from one track to another with no transition or blending whatsoever. Which is weird really; if I dropped $250 on a Mixtrack Pro, I would want to learn how to utilize more than simply the 25 cent crossfader on it.I recently was given a mix to check out by one of these newcomers, and he went from a hardstyle track directly into a dubstep drop. No transition (except for a few seconds of some trainwrecking), no beat blending, just a shuddering screech into the next track.
    Traktor Kontrol Z2 | 2x Stanton ST-150 Turntables | Traktor Kontrol F1 | MacBook

www.mixcloud.com/sunshineraleigh

Tech Wizard

Thanks for all the tips, guys.

Managed to play next month at a really old and traditional place here. Mansão Getúlio.
    I can't manage my excitement!

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    Well times fader slams maybe? Or if you're playing for an artsy crowd and you convince them that the train wreck is intentional maybe it would work.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?list=FL...oI81dIDo#t=54s

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Paris View Post
    hey man. donīt worry! we discussed topics like that several times on here and my statement is the following:

do your thing, concentrate on your own stuff, be good at what you are doing, practise,practise,practise, keep promoting yourself but donīt spam, donīt give a sh*t what others are saying and doing, do it for the love of music, itīs not about the fame, itīs about the fun, donīt believe the hype, people come and go everytime and those who really stand for something will stay. fact.period.
    ^^^^ Good Stuff!

A wise man once told me it's none of your business what others say or think about you. Don't cloud your mind with that. Just do your thing & hopefully that thing makes you happy. If it does you will shine.

I hear a lot of people starting out that just crossfade from one track to another with no transition or blending whatsoever. Which is weird really; if I dropped $250 on a Mixtrack Pro, I would want to learn how to utilize more than simply the 25 cent crossfader on it.I recently was given a mix to check out by one of these newcomers, and he went from a hardstyle track directly into a dubstep drop. No transition (except for a few seconds of some trainwrecking), no beat blending, just a shuddering screech into the next track.
    This is simply lack of practice. I see it a lot. Afraid to let it mix in because it's a trainwreck to begin with & when they do get it right they have no confidence.

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    convince them that the train wreck is intentional maybe it would work.
    My life.
    Beats By Dre is like audio flu for your balls.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12