Should I switch to a DJM900
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Should I switch to a DJM900

I currently use an A&H Xone:92 and request it in my rider for shows. I was just wondering what people thought about using the DJM900 in place of the Xone:92 along with my Audio 8. Is it fairly simple to just use the DJM900 as my soundcard instead of my Audio 8? I like the 92 but would it be a lot easier for me to just plug into the 900 instead? What needs to be setup on my computer? Just not sure if its worth sacrificing the benefits of the 92.

Thanks

Nothing needs to be setup, if you buy a 900 you install its software and the rest is done for you,
    DJM800 | 2xCDJ2000 | RMX1000 | Adidas HD25's
    2011 MBP | Traktor 2.6 | Kontrol S4 | Scratch Live | SL2
    Mac Pro | Ableton | Access Virus C | Maschine
    Facebook || Soundcloud || Twitter

But I'm not buying any mixer. Like I stated above, I am asking for the purpose of having it in my rider as the mixer I want to use for performances...

Don't do it!

Or do it, I don't know. Might be convenient but if you can request a 92 on your rider anyway I would rather mix on a 92 if I had the option. Depends on how much you like mixing on pioneer mixers.

I'm guessing if you install the 900 nexus drivers you should be fine if you just bring a USB cable and plug in then set up the routing in traktor. Try to install the driver and do a test run somewhere.

djm 900
    +dont need audio 8 and cablehassle
    +effects

xone92
    +4 band EQ (if u like that)
    +The filters

Whats most important for you?

Well I don't really like pioneer mixers to be quite honest...

I love A&H quality and the sound is so much better! I was only thinking about switching for the convenience factor.

Request a DB4 on your rider and see what happens- best of both worlds, although you will probably never get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Xonetacular View Post
    Request a DB4 on your rider and see what happens- best of both worlds, although you will probably never get it.
    If it can be rented the promoter will get it, if not then they usually will call about a substitute. But that thing looks pricey... lol

Tech Guru

I think the thing that might take some time getting used to is the EQ's. It's nice to be able to to just plug into the 900, but the biggest benefit of the 900 over the 92 would be the FX. But without owning the 900 and mastering/being comfortable w/ the FX, I feel like the FX section for youy wouldnt be enough of a benfit to switch over. If you have no problem getting the people to accomodate w/ a 92, I say just stick w/ that maybe. To answer your question about using the 900's soundcard, yes it is easy to use. You just download the 900's soundcard set-up software (Mac or PC) and you are ready to plug in. The software is made available to anyone http://pioneerdj.com/support/product...M-900NXS&t=111

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by LanceBlaise View Post
    I currently use an A&H Xone:92 and request it in my rider for shows. I was just wondering what people thought about using the DJM900 in place of the Xone:92 along with my Audio 8. Is it fairly simple to just use the DJM900 as my soundcard instead of my Audio 8? I like the 92 but would it be a lot easier for me to just plug into the 900 instead? What needs to be setup on my computer? Just not sure if its worth sacrificing the benefits of the 92.

Thanks
    Putting together a rider is like selling a vehicle, you know that the prospective buyer is going to try to talk you down so try to aim high from the start and then you'll have room to go down.

Put the A&H as your first choice, DJM900 as your second, at least then you know that you would typically get one of the two.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast