Recording in external mixer mode.
    Tech Mentor

Default Recording in external mixer mode.

Sorry in advance, the search button isn't working on my phone. The other day I tried to record a mix, I recently switched to DVS and traktor scratch pro. After I finished recording, I took a listen and I can hear the other deck playing at the same time, throughout the whole mix, even with the line fader down. Any suggestions? I'm using an Audio 4 and a cheap Numark M3 mixer. Thanks for the help.

Are you recoding internally? Sounds like it.

You need to route an output signal from your mixer (usually rec out or booth) back into your soundcard, setup that input as what traktor should record on. You might have difficulty doing that with an audio 4 though as your ins/outs are already used!

Alternatively, plug the output from your mixer into any other device capable of recording audio.

Oh, and watch your levels! Theres nothing worse than recoding an epic hour long session only to find youve maxed the shit outta it and its clipping and distorting.
    Ecler NUO 3.0, 2 1210mk2, midi fighter, Kontrol X1, Akai LPD8, Reloop RHP10's, TSP, Audio 8

Howitzer on Soundcloud | Howitzer on Twitter | Howitzer on Facebook | Howitzer dnb blog

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Flash101uk View Post
    Are you recoding internally? Sounds like it.

You need to route an output signal from your mixer (usually rec out or booth) back into your soundcard, setup that input as what traktor should record on. You might have difficulty doing that with an audio 4 though as your ins/outs are already used!

Alternatively, plug the output from your mixer into any other device capable of recording audio.

Oh, and watch your levels! Theres nothing worse than recoding an epic hour long session only to find youve maxed the shit outta it and its clipping and distorting.
    I think I read somewhere that this can be done using audacity to record? Searching for it now. Thanks!

It sounds terrible routed through Audacity IMO. You have an Audio4 so use one of the inputs for recording. Plug the other end into either a record out or booth out on the mixer as stated. Then select record externally and fix your routing and you are good to go directly from Traktor
    CDJ400s, Ecler Nuo, XD 53
    KRK RP8sFG