cruise control shuffle on traktor
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Default cruise control shuffle on traktor

Hey guys, imy grad party is in a few weeks and I'm going to be running my own sound. Obviously I will be using cruise control. Is there a way I can set it to shuffle? Also I'm using a numark n4 along with it.

Just use iTunes, or WinAMP, or MediaMonkey or whatever.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Tech Wizard

There is no way to shuffle in Traktor. I would use Itunes

Tech Mentor

What tekki said... but if the point is that you want to jump on and off the decks and want to have Traktor on cruise while you're not there, just bring up the collection playlist and sort it by some non-obvious tag and it will be random enough. Grad party though? You'll have drunken monkeys jumping on the controller as soon as you leave it alone for a minute. I suggest Winamp too.

I find that switching to itunes or similar when a soundcard is plugged in is a pain in the backside? Like iTunes stops playing as soon as an external soundcard has been put in.

On a similar note, Is there a way to cruise control with sync/beatlock?
    “Getting information off the Internet is like taking a drink from a fire hydrant." Mitchell Kapor
    Setup: TP2 - Vestax Typhoon - Korg NanoPad - Windows 7 x64 - Sony Vaio (Deceased) - Acer Aspire Timeline.
    House Parties - 2x12" Titan Audio PA's, 1xBehringer B1500D Sub

Quote Originally Posted by sparkbro View Post
    On a similar note, Is there a way to cruise control with sync/beatlock?
    just activate sync, cue track and use fader to start.

You can use the Tracklist player.Put the tracks you want to play in Traktor and apply the bass and the other stuff while it will automaticly mixes Not that good but worth a shot Screen shot 2012-05-17 at 6.28.58 AM.jpg
    Macbook Pro-Mixmeister Fusion-Traktor Pro 2-Audio 2

The quality of the picture is bad so ı put a RED circle upper right corner.
    Macbook Pro-Mixmeister Fusion-Traktor Pro 2-Audio 2

Tech Mentor

Honestly, I would skip all this, find another DJ friend to help you out. Have him play while youre off doing your thing with the party, jump on when youre feeling ripe, and just take turns. Just an idea, might be easier than trying to setup a shuffle move. My two cents, other than that, I have no ideas.

Tech Guru

Just set your main output to the soundcard if your worrying about switching soundcards....then everything played out of the computer will be played through that soundcard, set your level on itunes correctly to match traktor and your good to go....i do this with youtube at house parties when i would rather go mingle then mix all night.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast