Need help with this one...
    Tech Convert

Default Need help with this one...

Ok so I am doing a gig on friday and my s4 just died and I have to sent it back to NI. I have a Kontrol X1, akai MPD24 and a stanton t.62 at my disposal. My question is whether I would have enough to throw a dj setup together with that some how. I don't have an audio interface as everything went through the s4. But I would be willing to buy a mixer or a Audio 2 or something. Thoughts? Suggestions? This is just a house party, nothing to crazy.

Burn your tracks to CD's and play on CDJ's?
    "Walking the fine line between Stupidity and Genious" My Soundcloud ---- My Mixcloud
    MBP Retina 2015--TSP 2.10--2xDNSC5000--2xDNSC2900--2xDNSC2000--NI F1--Denon DN-X1700--HDJ2000--Stanton STR8-80--QSC K12's--Crown Amplifier--Urei Monitors

Why not just play one of your mixes and pretend you are doing the mixing live? Sure its a little more effort than you put into your user name, but it will fly....
    2 x gemini PT 1000 . Gemini PS-525 . X1
    NI Audio 6 . Traktor Scratch pro 2
    2007 Macbook Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by The Mighty FV View Post
    manners don't cost a thing dude - never forget that, it'll help you in all walks of life.

Quote Originally Posted by dripstep View Post
    Sure its a little more effort than you put into your user name, but it will fly....
    maybe it stands for something

i'm sure you could find a suitable mapping already created for your X1 and and quickly map any extra controls to the mpd24. an audio2 would be a good thing to have as a backup in future anyway.
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"

I've played house parties with just an X1 and mixer before, and you could easily map internal mixer controls to the MPD. I would recommend getting an audio 2 though, for headphone cueing if nothing else.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

You have plenty to do a set, and a spare sound card is always a good idea.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x