Deckadance 1.5 is out.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Deckadance 1.5 is out.

Deckadance 1.5 is just released. Anyone with experience got any views on the new features?

http://deckadance.image-line.com/documents/history.html

20% off promo going on right now as well.
    http://forum.image-line.com/viewtopic.php?t=35204

1.5 is great so far for me, the songs load faster and in general the interface seems faster.

batch analysis is pretty hot too.

haven't messed around with the dvs functionality to see how they have improved that.
    We don't believe in the star system. We want the focus to be on the music. If we have to create an image, it must be an artificial image. That combination hides our physicality and also shows our view of the star system. It is not a compromise-daftpunk

Have they added an actual proper midi mapping section yet or can we still only access half of the functions in the program ?

you've been asking for awhile, but sadly from what i have seen not yet.

my other grip with DD is no amputate mode yet

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by charo View Post
    you've been asking for awhile, but sadly from what i have seen not yet.

my other grip with DD is no amputate mode yet
    what is an amputate mode?

and I had the decadance demo a while back, it seemed to map all available controls no problem in ableton as a VST, I will be buying this next week, have they downgraded their midi support?

it was weird though, it didn't show parameters in ableton the way other VI's do, but it still worked fine once you mapped it internally in DD, this was 1.3 several months back.

so you can control both virtual decks with one real deck.

I don't think that every little midi control is available to be mapped, for example there is a knob on the vci-100 DD template that runs through the playlist, sampler, dvs control etc. I don't think you can map that.

Tech Mentor

I mapped buttons to the playlist up/down and load deck a/b, didn't mess with the sampler at all or DVS though.

Quote Originally Posted by charo View Post
    so you can control both virtual decks with one real deck.

I don't think that every little midi control is available to be mapped, for example there is a knob on the vci-100 DD template that runs through the playlist, sampler, dvs control etc. I don't think you can map that.
    Yup there are a lot of midi controls thats are availible for the inbuilt mappings but you cant access them when your trying to do your own midi map. Its actually quite frustrating. You could reverse engineer the layouts to see which one has the midi assignments that you like then use Bomes Midi translator to change some of the functioanlity. That way you get your midi assignments its just more of a pain in the butt to assign them how you like.

Tech Mentor

I seem to remember an A/B and general control assignment panels, I thought it had everything, I'll double check in a week or 2 after I get my check.

edit: also was wondering if anyone had the inside scoop on when an AU version would be available, there site says its in development but offers no time estimate.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast