Exclusive F1 unboxing shots! - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by padi_04 View Post
    I wouldn't hold my breath for it. It would be a 3.0 worth feature if it ever hits the light and god knows when that will be out.
    Agreed for sure. I doubt it would even happen, just dreaming :-P

Quote Originally Posted by RockingClub View Post
    @DJWorx:
    Interesting question: How did you manage to get the F1?
    Did you ask NI for it? Do you get all of their stuff in general since having the DJ blog? Are you on their beta tester list?...
    Quote Originally Posted by smittten View Post
    [fanboy] DJWORX a.k.a. Skratchworx a.k.a. Gizmo - he get's the in on pretty much everything and rightly so.[/fanboy]
    As smitten correctly states, I'm the elder statesman of DJ technology journalism. Been doing this since 2003, and a DJ since the early 80s.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisw View Post
    @DJworx

You think this is an attempt to get users of ableton to switch to traktor? Cause from the mapping overlay it looks like its a half size apc 20 with RGB and a few knobs
    Live is an expansive program, with a very steep learning curve. But for Traktor users, it's clip launching and associated features that's of most interest. So rather than shoehorn Live into Traktor (hell is likely to freeze over first), NI have made a mii-Live right inside Traktor with a dedicated controller to match.

I don't see dedicated Live users jumping ship, but for those DJs who use Live to compliment their Traktor setup, or simply have an interest in seeing what Live does, the Remix Decks are a very attractive proposition. I guess we'll see just how far down this route NI will go. It would take some nuts to go nose to nose with Ableton with a full Livealike (see BitWig), but Native Instruments certainly have the resources.

DJWORX
    - The very best DJ gear news, reviews and opinion

the F1 looks cool, but hopefully someone makes one out of metal with velocity sensitive pads soon

[off topic]i think i know natives next move though... traktor 3 will unlock the remix decks to midi and charge another $80 for the upgrade and $160 for the program thereby gaining ther lost revinue back without serious amounts of development... VDJ8 ftw [/off topic]
    Why did the elephant get lost... Cause the Jungle is MASSIVE!

Tech Guru

I think you're right about the TSP3 will be the time everyone gets the Remix decks, maybe announcement by the end of the year early next year

Nice shots...I'll be grabbing one for sure.
    13" Macbook Pro i7/8gb/750gb :: Traktor S4 + F1 + Pro 2 :: Allen & Heath DB4 :: Allen & Heath K2 :: Midi Fighter Classic :: Midi Fighter Pro (BM) :: Midi Fighter 3D :: Pioneer RMX1000 :: DJM800 :: 2 xCDJ1000mk3 :: Beats Pro + Beats Studio

nice, i preordered mine on the first day it was available to preorder

im stoked.
    NI Kontrol S2 l TP2 l Allen and Heath Xone: K2 l NI Kontrol F1 l l Oxygen 49 l Macbook Pro 13" l Odyssey L-Stand l AIAIAI TMA-1 cans l Ableton l FL Studio

Tech Guru

Does anyone here know if NI resellers get them the day of launch too? I'm in Seattle on holidays and want to pick up some at a guitar center.

Quote Originally Posted by GI Trackt View Post
    I wish Traktor 2.5+ could implement a sequencer within the software. Having to sync midi clocks to Maschine/Ableton etc really puts the PC users out of luck. It's pretty much not even an option bc of the instability if you're on PC :-( The F1 would then be the perfect tool to control a step sequencer within Traktor.
    At least we have the Loop Recorder! That's how I plan to do it, set the loop to only record from a cue channel, and set the remix decks to cue.

Tech Mentor

Only thing I'm concerned with is the standard template have a way to switch between remix decks or am I going to need to drop one of the functions for deck switching?

Here in The Netherlands they're up for sale now!
    MacBook Pro 13 (Q1 2011) | Adam A5X | Akai APC20 | Alesis QX49 | Behringer BCR2000 | NI Komplete Audio 6

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast