What are the benefits of VCI-100 Arcade Edition? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tech Mentor

Yes but would modding a VCI-100 be as good as an S4?

Tech Mentor

For the benefit of other UK members, the Sanwa buttons are sold here:

http://www.gremlinsolutions.co.uk/products/OBSF-24.htm

IMO I think a modded VCI100 with the latest firmware is better then the s4. The S4 feels too plastic for my liking. Really depends on your mixing style, If you only use two decks go with the vci100(vci100 mapping has the ability to control all four decks by changing "layers") If four deck control at all times is needed, maybe go with the S4. Im probably a little biased as I own a VCI100 arcade. I've thought about getting an S4 for awhile but couldn't come to grips with the build quality. I stayed with the vestax brand and got the vci400ege instead. No regrets. Vestax makes quality controllers.
    Macbook Pro : Traktor Pro 2 : VCI 400SE : Maschine : Midifighter Classic : Akai MPKmini : Akai MPD16 custom : Komplete Audio 6 : VCI 100SE Arcade #87/100 : Check out my mixes at http://soundcloud.com/2089a-d

Tech Mentor

I own a Kontrol x1, so would that make a difference when using a VCI-100 arcade edition? And would it be more like an S4 in this respect? I like the idea of owning an S4 as they seem to be more functional than the VCI-100 especially as shift doesn't have to be utilised as much. Four decks out the box on the S4 also seems an attractive prospect and opens up the realms to experimentation. Build quality with the S4 is a moot point, as I won't be gigging, but I appreciate the fact the VCI-100 is one durable controller.

I had loan of an S4 for a while and didn't really enjoy using it, I found it sterile and it wasn't as solid as I would like. Don't get me wrong it is a solid piece of equipment but I traditionally use an X1 and an extternal mixer and in comparrison to that the S4 felt too plasticy and also TOO HUGE!

I have just bought an Arcade edition VCI 100 - I am massivly excited about it.
    Tony the Pony.
    My soundcloud page. House, mainly.

Mixcloud & Website coming soon.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by nickel View Post
    I've had a think about this and I cannot decide whether the cost to ship, the Arcade V4 overlay, 8 x arcade buttons and Value pack VCI-100 chroma caps to the UK after purchasing from the DJTT website is justifiable ($120.69 including international priority shipping to the UK or approximately £77.70 in UK pounds - also would I have to pay customs on top of this?). Is it just easier to save the cash on the upgrade and just sell the VCI-100 and purchase a Traktor S2 or S4? It's just I don't use my VCI-100 anymore and was hoping by jazzing it up I may start using it again. What do you think, fellow DJTT members?

i did exactly this a few months back and wasn't charged by customs for it and personally i love the feel of the arcade buttons over the old standard ones

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12