iTunes Power help....?

Default iTunes Power help....?

Hey guys -- would really be appreciative if someone could lend me a helping hand here -- banging my head against a wall

First of all, I'm using a PC, iTunes 8.1, MP3tag, and Traktor Pro.

I'm having a hell of a time getting a handle on my MP3s, which is especially sad because I only have 908 that I actually DJ with at the moment. I'll refer to this as the Master DJ List.

Read the Smart Lists on the sites and still have problems.

Here's what I want:
    1. my "master dj list" to be shown -- basically this is an aggregate of everything I use to DJ
    2. sub genres shown for everything beneath that
    3. no duplicates / overlap / no CRAP from the rest of my library
    4. i think that's it

So I really have a problem right now cutting out the "crap". Meaning, old files which are now showing in the iTunes library but are missing, songs which I'll NEVER use to DJ, podcasts, etc.

Right now I have a folder for my Master DJ List with all of my Smart Playlists under it (they're for Genre). The problem is that even though these lists are nested under my Master DJ List, it's running those queries off my ENTIRE library (which is a goddamn mess).

I really just want to run Smart playlists off of my Master DJ List. Is there any way to do this? Going nuts. Thanks for reading!

I think i know what you want. your "dj list" tunes you can mass edit and add as the category "DJ LIST" or whatever but only on those tunes. Make a smart playlist and choose "category is - DJ LIST". That playlist will only ever show the tunes in that category set it to live updating etc as well so it keeps up to date. You could even put more parameters in there.. such as
    1. Category Is - DJ List
    2. Comment Is - If I Play This I Will Get Laid!
    3. Genre Is - Polka

Just as an example dude. What i mean is you can make some pretty cool and specific smart lists sometimes it takes some organising tho.
    Last edited by Jester; 05-21-2009 at 12:19 AM.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

aaaaaaand Jester wins the award for most succinct answer to my super drawn out question

thanks, man. just made that change and it seems to work brilliantly. much appreciated!

No Worries. I just made one specifically for Dj Tech-Tools downloads. A little thin atm but we'll build up that collection.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Or just use the Star Rating in the Smart List. Give 5 Stars to tracks that should enter the DJLIST. Anything without 5 Stars doesnt get in.

All my stuff is 5 stars

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Lol