Why old school DJs are complainging and you should too
Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Why old school DJs are complainging and you should too

a good little editorial...sums up how alot of us feel...

http://notyourjukebox.com/2012/05/19...ou-should-too/

100 agreed. tweeted. thank you.

Tech Guru

The most interesting part of this article, is where it says dj's used to play music to make it hits now people play hits to make themselfs successful.

I think the best example of this is from the disco days where a very famous club in new york started playing this B side I will survive. That DJ's song selection spread across the world. Turning a Bside into an A side then a world wide hit

Larry Levan at Paradise Garage?

Moderator of Silly Walks Citizen_Insane's Avatar

Great read. Definitely agree with a lot of what was said in that article.... Hopefully the shitstorm will soon pass so those of us who are in it 'cause we love music can go about our business.
    Traktor Pro, VCM 600, Custom Midi Fighter, Presonus Firebox, Ultrasone DJ1 Pro
    http://soundcloud.com/citizen_insane/
    Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    All these subgenre's are like the grandchildren of disco with dubstep and D&B being the bad kids that smoke cigarettes and are in and out of jail.

Tech Guru

TBH I'm getting a bit bored with this whole old school keeping it real blog post bullshit. Look, good DJs, in whatever incarnation they may take, will always be around playing great music in various vibrant underground scenes. Guys like Sneak et al have seen multiple waves of the whole superstar DJ phenomenon happen and I get that the Deja Vu must be tiring but shit, let it go and do your thing.

There are a bunch of amazing DJs and artists out there doing rad shit on a regular basis, I'm done with hearing all the whining about the the turds that are SMH and Guetta etc and I'd much rather focus on the folks doing good stuff.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by oliosky View Post
    There are a bunch of amazing DJs and artists out there doing rad shit on a regular basis, I'm done with hearing all the whining about the the turds that are SMH and Guetta etc and I'd much rather focus on the folks doing good stuff.
    Agree.

Why do people have to blog so much about what they don't like? Let people do their shit. Who cares? There will always be main stream music that, we that have music as a main hobby/interest/living, think is "shit". But there is people that don't care about music and they like when its easy, funny and crazy "bad" with flying cakes, rockets and fireworks.

I don't like "american action movies", but I don't tell other how bad I think it is. Its ok for other to like it!

And, by the way Guette, tiesto, SHM etc is not taking the crowd from the "underground" music. They take crowd from other pop artist.

I stopped reading here:

Quote Originally Posted by the article
    I also know playing pre-recorded sets is nothing new and has been a necessity now and then for DJ’s
    Never a necessity unless something major's going wrong.

Jack Bastard

Quote Originally Posted by oliosky View Post
    TBH I'm getting a bit bored with this whole old school keeping it real blog post bullshit. Look, good DJs, in whatever incarnation they may take, will always be around playing great music in various vibrant underground scenes. Guys like Sneak et al have seen multiple waves of the whole superstar DJ phenomenon happen and I get that the Deja Vu must be tiring but shit, let it go and do your thing.

Yes mate, I agree completely, here's my submission which is currently awaiting mod approval -

Jesus Christ, some of these comments make me ashamed to be a dj. I’ve been playing for 20 years now and I hope I never sound as pretentious or idiotic as some of you. It’s playing other peoples music in a pleasing way ffs, it’s not anything that important. Don’t get me wrong, I love it like nothing else and I don’t know what I’d do if I didn’t buy tunes and play out, but does it really deserve a thousand shitty blog entries whining like little bitches about shit djs and acts that no one who is actually into the music gives a fuck about anyway?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sturgeon's_Law <- There's some reading for you all, once you accept that into your lives you'll be happier.

And as for the hate on technology you all just sound like the people shouting 'judas' at Bob Dylan for playing electric guitar in the 60s, history will make you look stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by mostapha View Post
    I stopped reading here:

Never a necessity unless something major's going wrong.
    He mentions a tour DJ that plays out every night. I guess it will get a bit much...therefore they feel that playing a pre-mix will suffice.

I mean, if thats his job...its his JOB! I would not be happy to pay to see a guy press play.
    I just would not...
    APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast