Switching to Serato? - Page 5
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

removes activation for WINDOWS. not traktor. never heard of an OS that offers a tool that removes activation for every application ever..

but i agree that a simple statement like that isn't helpful or constructive at all.
    soundcloud.com/hpntk / soundcloud.com/freakstep
    freakstep.com / thefreakbeat.com
    me on beatport / me on djtunes
    Quote Originally Posted by JesterNZDJ
    My solution: Pay some one to whack them so you don't have any competition

Quote Originally Posted by Monika.mhz View Post
    You're using a pirated version of Windows XP. I have a hard time accepting that you're using a legit version of Traktor Pro as well.
    I didn't say he was definately using a pirated version of Tpro. But someone who pirates WinXP is likely to pirate other software as well.

Not to mention XP being the platform traktor is running on, it's pretty touch to make a valid analysis of his Tpro problems while he's running on a hacked OS.

His problems at this juncture are really tough to diagnose, since at the VERY least he's running a hacked OS, and perhaps even running hacked software.
    Monika.mhz - I do things. Also stuff.
    -------------------
    Read the F.A.Q!
    Articles: Streamline Your Laptop for Djs(Windows)

Quote Originally Posted by compact View Post
    to solve your problem: buy a legit version of xp pro and traktor ... or just download the traktor demo version
    Quote Originally Posted by R2D2 View Post
    yep cracked XP and cracked Traktor WTF and your moaning it doesnt work right

smoke the crack at home doing it in public makes you look bad
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ_Animus View Post
    Yeah go ligit and youre problems will dissapear,
    I started with a cracked version of TPro, but once I couldnt get updates and I noticed some features were either missing or not functioning correctly, I saved up some cash and got the legit version and its smooth sailing.
    i wasn't just referring to you, but to these as well.

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Monika.mhz View Post

His problems at this juncture are really tough to diagnose, since at the VERY least he's running a hacked OS, and perhaps even running hacked software.
    Add to that a laptop that meets the minimum requirements for the software and you end up with a horrible mess of a setup that shouldnt even run TETRIS nevermind Traktor . For F*cks sake you dont put bicycle tyres on a Ferrari .

Sort your laptop out.
    Sort your OS out.
    Sort your software out.

God im drunk ... i cant posty any more im ...
    I hate djs ... i love you guys tho DJJTT rules ....

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    Add to that a laptop that meets the minimum requirements for the software and you end up with a horrible mess of a setup that shouldnt even run TETRIS nevermind Traktor . For F*cks sake you dont put bicycle tyres on a Ferrari .

Sort your laptop out.
    Sort your OS out.
    Sort your software out.

God im drunk ... i cant posty any more im ...
    I hate djs ... i love you guys tho DJJTT rules ....

QFT!
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

Quote Originally Posted by DJ_Animus View Post
    Yeah go ligit and youre problems will dissapear, the Ultimate Johnny version of XP is garbage. Get a ligit version and than hack away with it. I have Vista and Ive done every possible optimization tweak, crack, and hack, and the machine is a beast (by Vista Standards) I started with a cracked version of TPro, but once I couldnt get updates and I noticed some features were either missing or not functioning correctly, I saved up some cash and got the legit version and its smooth sailing. And yeah youre computer is ummm, a feather weight. You could increase your latency and see what happens, but I love 2ms latency too much, so Id buy a more powerful laptop. 3gigs of DDR Memory nice duel core processing power and a big fat HD! Dedicated graphics wouldnt hurt either.
    DJing is a job of sorts, bring the right tools.
    Well thanks DJ Animus! My bank account is now red!

Lol you're right though I need legit hardware I'm done with these toys.
    Setup: Laptop, Traktor Pro, VCI100SE, Audiofire 4
    Windows XP Ultimate by Johnny, Service Pack 3
    Intel Pentium M, 1.6GHz, 2Gigs Ram
    http://www.myspace.com/djczo

good to see all that bantering went in the right direction :P

Quote Originally Posted by djhipnotikk View Post
    i think it's important to keep an open mind, even if it means switching your OS. if he's having problems with crashing, switching to a notoriously more stable OS is a valid option.

but seriously, did i miss when he admitted to using a cracked version of traktor? it seems a lot of people are jumping to conclusions. because he uses an alternative XP package doesn't mean he's pirating everything..just something to keep in mind.

this thread is intended to help diagnose HIS issues, not the issues you say he has.
    Thank you for keeping things fair. But for real yall, everything is pirated.

I'm poor! Just got a job though and DJing is part of my income now (wahoo!!) so I'm becoming more legit by the day!!

I feel like I should wait for Windows 7 (feeling a lot of positive buzz) or buy a Mac. The only thing preventing me from feeling good about buying a mac is paying such an incredible premium because it's Apple. I mean compare the stats on a mac vs windows and I feel like you'll save a bunch! *puts on flame war retardant outfit*

*takes deep breath*

*exhale*

.. to each his own it really is a personal preference, go with what works for you. but at the same time, give everything a shot. i've worked on every popular OS (yes, including linux), and i went with OSX because i liked it's reliability. this is NOT to say the others aren't reliable as well, i just went with what i felt was best for ME.

you do pay a lot for apple products, sometimes a ridiculous price that gets lowered 6 months later with additional features, but it's all business dude. that extra cost does include some bomb customer service if you have an apple store near you, those guys hooked me up pretty well every time i've been in. but back on topic, my philosophy with gear is to stay with what you're comfortable with, because it creates the best environment in which to work, which is what the ultimate goal is.

Soulja boy tellem!!!!

Well Mint.com tells me my net worth is $2,000 so buying a mac would make my net worth negative so the reason I don't have a Macbook Pro is because I don't have money in the bank.

Why don't I have all the hot equipment and an BMW M3? No money son.

Okay time to get more serious so this thread doesn't become a joke.

====

Thanks to everyone that contributed this has really helped me out. I will strive to make money and buy legit software & hardware.

ps. Ean Golden is the man.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast