What equipment will a club provide me with?! HELP!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default What equipment will a club provide me with?! HELP!

So, i shot a bit early and don't think i'm prepared. I've been practicing in my home studio for a while now, some how one of my mixes got picked up by a few promoters and by the luck of the draw i got a few calls this weekend for some upcoming gigs. YES, im excited BUT terrified.

All i have is my macbook and my mixer, am i fucked? I know the club is going to have their own PA setup, wiring etc (I of course have my own cables that i prefer to use for their sound quality), but other than that i have nothing else. What other equipment would you guys say i need for a live set in club atmosphere. I've been told numerous times to invest in CDJ's for backup god forbid BUT this is a small vanue, so what do you guys suggest?

Well what do you DJ with now? Expect a club to have a mixer and a pair of CDJs and possibly turntables.

Tech Wizard

Right now i have my s2 and macbook, thats it! lol. Im thinking in terms of eq's etc etc etc, all the wonderful equipment i should have but dont

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Give them a call and ask.

Quote Originally Posted by JayQuil View Post
    Right now i have my s2 and macbook, thats it! lol. Im thinking in terms of eq's etc etc etc, all the wonderful equipment i should have but dont
    What? No, you're fine. If it's the type of club that needs anything like that, they'll have it. You don't ever need to worry about gear after the signal leaves your RCA cables.

Quote Originally Posted by JayQuil View Post
    Then that's all you need. Just plug the output of the S2 into an RCA line input on their mixer and just mix how you normally do on your S2.

Tech Guru

You should be fine. The S2 isnt the most proffesional looking thing, but it def works if there is no equipment available. Typical club set-up would be a pair of CDJ's and a pair of Tech 1200's combined w/ Pioneer 800/900 or Rane 57/62 (US) or maybe a Xone:92 (EU I'm guessing). You didnt say wether you had a NI audio interface and Traktor Scratch, so unless you plan on bringing CD's and memory sticks or shit ton of records, that equipment wouldnt benefit you anyways. So all in all I wouldnt worry about it. Your biggest problem might just be finding room for your S2 if there is already equipment, no bigggie if you ask me.

Yeah, not sure what you're sweating exactly to be honest. Like most peeps already said, you'll be fine with the S2 and your laptop. No need to try and complicate and add stuff you don't have any experience with at your first gig. Just go out there and do you're thing. They called you so they obviously liked what they heard.

One piece of equipment you'll definitely need is an iPod loaded with mixes plus a 3.5mm headphone to RCA cable to plug into the mixer, just in case something goes wrong with your computer/Traktor

Tech Wizard

Thanks guys, yea its my first gig so im just wicked nervous overall. Thanks for the input. I'll let you guys know how it goes

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast